WWYD if the pill thieves were YOUR kids?? Poll

If your kid committed a felony at the ages of 10-13. What would you do?

Try to teach them with love
17%
Call the cops myself within reason (plz explain)
6%
Nothing
No votes
Call the cops and let it play out
33%
Other (answered in comments)
44%

Total votes: 48
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I didn't read the ages so I voted wrong. Not sure how I would but it wouldn't be what I voted for.
I shit glitter
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

THIS!
Kikibix wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:53 pm I can’t imagine this scenario in my household. I can’t even imagine anyone taking prescribed meds of this sort considering it’s common knowledge how addictive some are and how many problems have come of it. These types of drugs should always have been locked up. Nobody but the user and their spouse should be aware of them and certainly the kids don’t need an example of pill popping.

If this were to happen, I’d look at all the circumstances surrounding why and how it happened. I can’t answer without knowing full family dynamics. I just can’t see it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They stole pills from my father right? I think if they knew I found out they might take their chances with the police. Between their grandmother and me they might as well start running and never look back. But those kids had no role models, their parents were drug addicts. So if my kids sunk low enough to steal pain pills from their grandfather at the age of 10 we've failed miserably.
BellysGrammy
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Momo3Queen2HerKing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:41 pm
mrsmacgiver wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:32 pm I can't even imagine. I'd like to say I wouldn't have allowed it to get that point in the first place. But, that's not my life so it's easy to say.

I'd be weary of calling the cops. I don't fully trust police, nor our justice system, and I wouldn't want my kids to have a record. But I also can't say I wouldn't turn them in.

I vote for love. Tough love- just maybe not tough love that involves calling the cops on a 10 year old.
That's F***ing pathetic.

You do realize parents like you who think LOVE can teach them not to be criminals, are the reason our jails etc are so full of young people who weren't taught real lessons for their criminal behaviors as children. They are also the ones who can't figure out WHY they are sitting in jail.

It's bc mommy and daddy don't want to show their kids how life really F***ing works.

However, that's just my OPINION.
I, for one, fully agree with your opinion! I believe if my granddaughters fathers parents practiced tough love with him, he may still be alive. They bailed him out and paid time and time again to keep him out of jail until he had the mentality that he couldn't be blamed for any of his wrongdoing. My own child.is sitting in jail right now and I will not be bailing her out. She will be facing the consequences of her actions.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:36 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:08 pm
Yeah. Like I said in my original post, I think I wouldn't have allowed it to get to the point where they were stealing drugs in the first place. That's crazy to me. I have kids that age. They don't just wake up one day and start stealing pills- there had to have been inappropriate behaviors going on for a long time before that and the parent didn't address things then.

That is so far removed from what our life is like, it's hard for me to imagine being in that situation. We have six kids ranging from 9-18 and none of them have ever been in trouble because we raised them better than that from birth.
Well said.
[/quote]

I think at that age when it started they probably had no idea the ramifications. Even now they probably didn't. I know my kiddo had no idea when she started public school that she couldn't carry her medication. Her private school allowed for it. Luckily I sat her down and prepared her for public school. As well as the fact that she can't share prescription meds or anything else. Personally, I think in this situation a parent is involved. Maybe the boy's mom. He may have enlisted the help of his sister. She might be protecting him and he might be protecting mom.
[/quote]

Hmm I never thought of BM being behind it. I was leaning towards BD being the one behind it. But idk anything about his BM other than the negative I've heard from my sister and BD but I don't think I've ever heard anything about drug use by BM.
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 pm Before I comment, I want to make sure I read your other post correctly.

In that post, did you say that at the time these pills were stolen, the child thieves were living in the same house as their meth smoking father and their (clean) stepmom?
The boy did NOT live there. They live in our parents house with them tho. He's only EVER stayed there overnight twice. This time when the pills were stolen and once abt 2 yrs ago when an ENTIRE BOTTLE (60qty) of 30mg oxycontin were stolen. The bottle left emptied. He never said who he thought it was. I couldn't think who would do that but I wondered if maybe my brother had bc he'd JUST left to move out of state that day. But tbh, I don't think he'd ever do that to our dad.
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

1. A meth smoking person should not be residing in the same house as a Grandpa who has heavy drugs in his medicine cabinet.

2. No children should be residing with a meth smoking dad.

3. A step mother who knows her husband is smoking meth should remove herself and all kids from his company.

4. Any mother who let her child reside in these conditions (in a house with a meth smoker) shouldn't have custody of a child.

5. Any person who knew of any of these happenings and did not report it to CPS should feel a bit responsible for what has happened here.

If it can be proven that these kids did steal these drugs, they should be in counseling.
Honestly, with their home life being as it is, it should be of no shock (to any of the immediate family members and friends) that these kids did what they did. The kids may have stolen the pills...but all the adults (who were aware of how these kids were being raised and did nothing about it) are the TRUE failures.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm They stole pills from my father right? I think if they knew I found out they might take their chances with the police. Between their grandmother and me they might as well start running and never look back. But those kids had no role models, their parents were drug addicts. So if my kids sunk low enough to steal pain pills from their grandfather at the age of 10 we've failed miserably.
Neither BM has/had a drug problem that I'm aware of. HER BM is in prison for other reasons that I'd like to not get into.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momo3Queen2HerKing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:17 pm
Pjmm wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:57 pm They stole pills from my father right? I think if they knew I found out they might take their chances with the police. Between their grandmother and me they might as well start running and never look back. But those kids had no role models, their parents were drug addicts. So if my kids sunk low enough to steal pain pills from their grandfather at the age of 10 we've failed miserably.
Neither BM has/had a drug problem that I'm aware of. HER BM is in prison for other reasons that I'd like to not get into.
I thought the kids had some horrendous home life. If I'm wrong I'm sorry.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

At any given time, did any of the kids live with the meth smoking dad?
At any given time did the meth smoking dad reside at Grandpa's house?
If I'm confusing the facts, please accept my apology.

All I know is this...None of these kids should be residing with a meth smoker and if they ever did, I don't think these kids ever had a chance.
I do believe in personal accountability. But it also seems unfair to me that these kids are suffering because they haven't been parented in a good/healthy environment.

Momo3Queen2HerKing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:14 pm
SeekingPeace wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:43 pm Before I comment, I want to make sure I read your other post correctly.

In that post, did you say that at the time these pills were stolen, the child thieves were living in the same house as their meth smoking father and their (clean) stepmom?
The boy did NOT live there. They live in our parents house with them tho. He's only EVER stayed there overnight twice. This time when the pills were stolen and once abt 2 yrs ago when an ENTIRE BOTTLE (60qty) of 30mg oxycontin were stolen. The bottle left emptied. He never said who he thought it was. I couldn't think who would do that but I wondered if maybe my brother had bc he'd JUST left to move out of state that day. But tbh, I don't think he'd ever do that to our dad.
Locked Previous topicNext topic