Helping family

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:06 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:27 am
Smarties wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:21 am

If they are looking, it sounds like 2 weeks isn't a hard date range. That would make me uneasy about the situation.
They do have the money to get a place now but they wanted to see what their first paychecks would look like before they commit to a place. They want to make sure they choose a house that they can afford.
They dont know how much they make with their jobs? Thats the first question I ask when im offered a job. Your sugar daddy already said he didnt feel comfortable woth it. So the answer is no.
The answer isn't no if I don't want it to be no lol. it's the end of the month so most places aren't even renting until September first.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:03 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am Why don't you put them up in a long stay suite closer to their jobs? How do they not know what their paychecks will look like?
They do not want to waste money on a hotel especially when they know we have the space. I guess some people like to see the numbers on paper before they commit to anything.
I meant you pay for it.

That's weird to me. Did they move for better jobs with better pay?
I would never waste my money on that, we have more than enough space to accommodate them. They are moving to be closer to the city and better paying jobs. They hate living in a small town. We offered them to rent a house from us but it's too far from the major city for them.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am It’s not her house, it’s her boyfriend’s.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:27 am I would be letting them stay and SO would have to get over it.
But because she lives there, he isn’t the only one who makes decisions
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 am Disagree. She’s a guest.
Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:59 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:52 am It’s not her house, it’s her boyfriend’s.

She lives there, therefore it is her house as well. She can make decisions such as these just like he can.
No, she lives there, had children with the man. She is not someone that is going to be gone tomorrow. She has been with him for many years.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are there specific reasons that your DH has an issue with it? If so, you could work on calming his fears about whatever it is that bothers him about the situation. But if it's just the whole thing in general that bothers him, that's harder to deal with.

As for the time, can you get your brother to commit to a definite move out date? Having a hard end date might make your DH more comfortable with the whole thing. When I was a kid, my mom took my sister and I out to Cali and we moved in with mom's brother and his wife. It was supposed to be "just a couple weeks" until my mom could find a place for the three of us. Well, 2 weeks turned into 6 months until my Aunt and Uncle decided to move out and we rented the house from them.
I know, sounds like the exception but when you don't put an end date on things, it happens a lot more often than you might think.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You need to get your SO onboard for this. I can’t believe the number of women that think it’s ok to do this if he objects, and I wonder how they would feel if their DHs let someone stay in their houses over their objections.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Doesn't the house belong to your boyfriend?
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am Why don't you put them up in a long stay suite closer to their jobs? How do they not know what their paychecks will look like?
They probably don't know how much will be taken out in taxes, etc. You can know that you put "married, 1" on your W4 but that doesn't tell you what percent of your pay will be taken for federal tax withholdings. Not to mention state and other deductions.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:23 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:03 am

They do not want to waste money on a hotel especially when they know we have the space. I guess some people like to see the numbers on paper before they commit to anything.
I meant you pay for it.

That's weird to me. Did they move for better jobs with better pay?
I would never waste my money on that, we have more than enough space to accommodate them. They are moving to be closer to the city and better paying jobs. They hate living in a small town. We offered them to rent a house from us but it's too far from the major city for them.
Waste? This is your family. How would that be a waste? Imo, it would keep the peace in the house where you stay. Do they live in a small town close to you now?

Two hours is a really long commute tho. So I don't blame them for not renting your SOs property.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don't help family any more. It has always bit me in the ass
Locked Previous topicNext topic