I dont have rules for my kids

Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If they live under my roof there will be rules.
Living my perfect life 💕
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sportsmom wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am If they live under my roof there will be rules.
What kind of rules?

Why dont you trust your parenting?
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Clean your room
Clean up after yourself
Help take out the trash
Help with keeping up the property
Keep the shop and out buildings neat if you use them
And pay the miniscule amount of "rent" we agreed on.

One is getting the hell out because he has gotten too big for his breeches. Let him see the reality of the real world and real bills. I've had enough.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:58 pm Clean your room
Clean up after yourself
Help take out the trash
Help with keeping up the property
Keep the shop and out buildings neat if Obama you use them
And pay the miniscule amount of "rent" we agreed on.

One is getting the hell out because he has gotten too big for his breeches. Let him see the reality of the real world and real bills. I've had enough.
“ too big for his britches “.

https://www.southernthing.com/too-big-f ... 8.amp.html
You sound like an angry mommy
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I dont have rules for my adult dd. She's in college and works, she's respectful, helps with the house without me asking her to. She lets me know what time she will be home and will text or call if her plans change.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 pm I have 4 kids still at home. All of them are college or some sort of trade school. I have no rules for them. My sisterIL was visiting and asked why I dont have a curfew and rules for them.

I told her I do not think it is needed. My kids are already responsible and respectful. Maybe if they were out of control Id have rules or just kick them out. I am not going to police their lives. I would think it would be very sad to have to sit down and make rules for adults. I would feel like I failed as a parent.

She told me her adults who live at home still have daily chores, a curfew, and a bunch of other rules. She punishes them if they break the rules. I seriously had to try not to laugh when she talked about punishing them.

My kids are good kids, they arent perfect by any means but we have never had any real issues. I cant imagine having to have a set of rules for them
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

That’s great!
My kids were like yours.
I didn’t have to have “ rules “- they already knew and were very responsible.
Sassy762 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:44 pm I dont have rules for my adult dd. She's in college and works, she's respectful, helps with the house without me asking her to. She lets me know what time she will be home and will text or call if her plans change.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 pm I have 4 kids still at home. All of them are college or some sort of trade school. I have no rules for them. My sisterIL was visiting and asked why I dont have a curfew and rules for them.

I told her I do not think it is needed. My kids are already responsible and respectful. Maybe if they were out of control Id have rules or just kick them out. I am not going to police their lives. I would think it would be very sad to have to sit down and make rules for adults. I would feel like I failed as a parent.

She told me her adults who live at home still have daily chores, a curfew, and a bunch of other rules. She punishes them if they break the rules. I seriously had to try not to laugh when she talked about punishing them.

My kids are good kids, they arent perfect by any means but we have never had any real issues. I cant imagine having to have a set of rules for them
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:05 am
Sportsmom wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:02 am If they live under my roof there will be rules.
What kind of rules?

Because of my parenting I have amazing kids. But just because they are 18 or over doesn’t mean they rule my home. It seems there are a lot here that are bad parents but that’s my opinion.
Living my perfect life 💕
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Sportsmom wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:28 pm
What kind of rules?

Because of my parenting I have amazing kids. But just because they are 18 or over doesn’t mean they rule my home. It seems there are a lot here that are bad parents but that’s my opinion.
If they were amazing kids they wouldnt need rules as adults. Rules as adults means you failed as a parent. If they need rules you went wrong somewhere
Anonymous 9

Unread post

What kind of rules?

Bad parents?
Bwahahaha
I think you need to give the kids credit who don’t need rules ! Why? because they don’t try to “ rule “ their parents’ home . They know better. And that’s not because of parents being tough and aggressive toward them. They learn by example.
Do your kids try to rule your home?
Sportsmom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:32 pm

What kind of rules?

If they were amazing kids they wouldnt need rules as adults. Rules as adults means you failed as a parent. If they need rules you went wrong somewhere
😂😂😂😂
Living my perfect life 💕
Locked Previous topicNext topic