Debate this

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:46 am Yes. My husband is an Orthodox Jew, he doesn’t touch women outside the immediate family.
I don’t touch men outside my immediate family either.
Lucky for us, we’ve only met respectful people who aren’t easily offended by something so stupid. I guess some people just have to be butt hurt to be happy. She can’t force him to do something that goes against his religion anyway.
Pjmm wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:00 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:58 pm I don't have an answer but I want to know in what religion is it against their beliefs for a man to shake hands with a woman?
I believe orthodox Judaism and perhaps Islam. Maybe one of the Jewish moms can tell us.
It's kind of respectful to not touch opposite S*x, non family members. I'd think this would be a good thing in today's climate. I've seen people on here complain about unwanted touching. This tradition solves that problem. I'm not seeing what her issues are. She sounds like a chronic whiner.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I only do fist bumps, personally. I wish everyone would stop that nasty handshake thing.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

In today's world America has a VP who won't be alone with a woman even at work.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't see the problem. I wouldn't care if someone doesn't shake my hand for religious reasons, phobia reasons (germs) or whatever reason. I think those women who are "offended" are trying to cause issues. Damn, if I was a man, I would avoid women too these days. It's too confusing to figure out what is acceptable or not. Just like 2 weeks ago, everyone was praising Keanu Reeves for not touching women in photos. Jeez.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:29 am I only do fist bumps, personally. I wish everyone would stop that nasty handshake thing.
LOL
You and Howie Mandel :lol:
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:59 am In today's world America has a VP who won't be alone with a woman even at work.
You know, everyone laughed about him making the statement that he won't have dinner with a woman without his wife present. I think that's very, very smart especially after the last couple of years with me too.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No one is obligated to touch someone else in any form or fashion. The female is an idiot.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Like I have already stated, if she is uncomfortable around this man because he refuses to treat her as an equal, he is creating a hostile work environment. And that has nothing to do with religious preference, which doesn't belong in a diverse work environment to begin with.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:47 am He isn’t creating the hostile environment, she is. She could be more tolerant about other people’s religions. Voila! Problem solved.
MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am From an HR pov, he is creating a hostile work environment if a female co-worker feels offended or uncomfortable by something that may seem small to a lot of people. The solution to that is the man not shake hands with anybody.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:31 pm Like I have already stated, if she is uncomfortable around this man because he refuses to treat her as an equal, he is creating a hostile work environment. And that has nothing to do with religious preference, which doesn't belong in a diverse work environment to begin with.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:47 am He isn’t creating the hostile environment, she is. She could be more tolerant about other people’s religions. Voila! Problem solved.
MysticDreamer wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:39 am From an HR pov, he is creating a hostile work environment if a female co-worker feels offended or uncomfortable by something that may seem small to a lot of people. The solution to that is the man not shake hands with anybody.
So it can be argued that dhe is creating a hostile work envirorment by demanding he shake her hand knowing its against his religous beliefs. Freedom of religon doesnt disappear because of a building you are standing in....
Anonymous 7

Unread post

That’s very normal and accepted where I live (huge Muslim population). I’m on his side. The less people I’m expected to touch the better.
Locked Previous topicNext topic