This question was posted in another group

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:56 pm What's a "highway option"???
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:05 pm

I am not letting one of my kids die just so that they can have their *my body my choice* moment. If they are able to save their sibling, they will, period. No highway option.

Thoughts?

I think it's from the movie The Pacifer. Shane always says "We'll do things my way-no highway option." It's a play on the phrase "My way or the highway." In this case he's saying it's just my way, period, you don't get to choose the highway.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:20 pm I am not risking both of my children. Transplant surgery is dangerous even for the donor. I would have to take the chance of getting my sick child on a list.
I’m pretty sure my boys would insist on helping a sibling. But if dad or I is a match, we try first.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

You do not force a child to give up their body organs. If it's politically correct to say this and think this way, BFD.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I only have one living biological child so I can't respond fairly.

It would suck to be in that situation.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 am You do not force a child to give up their body organs. If it's politically correct to say this and think this way, BFD.
I was confused by the "PC" reference by OP. My understanding of PC was avoiding language that insults, demeans or disadvantages a group. Nothing to do with bodily autonomy or individual medical rights.

People seem to use PC as a catch phrase for any contemporary thinking they don't like.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:57 am
AZLizardLady wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:42 am You do not force a child to give up their body organs. If it's politically correct to say this and think this way, BFD.
I was confused by the "PC" reference by OP. My understanding of PC was avoiding language that insults, demeans or disadvantages a group. Nothing to do with bodily autonomy or individual medical rights.

People seem to use PC as a catch phrase for any contemporary thinking they don't like.
^^Exactly to the underlined.

Many in society have a strong tendency to go overboard when it comes to the latest thinking to even wording, and often you'll see confusion and misunderstanding on their end.

When it comes to medical rights and bodily autonomy, it's about choice, and has diddly squat to do w/being politically correct or not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic