Question!

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MIne go by their first names or a shortened version of it, they also have a first name and two middle names. When they were young and in trouble, I would call out their full name ( all 3 names)...they knew they were in deep shit then, lol
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:51 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:28 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:20 am

I'm glad my mom never did that (use the middle name when they are in trouble) and I don't do that either. I didn't give a name just so they could always have a negative connotation with it. I gave their middle names for positive meaning and I won't sully it by using it in negative ways.
It was a joke. Lighten up.
No it's not a joke because tons of people do use middle names in that way. And there is nothing to lighten up about. I don't care how other people use their own kids' middle names. I was just stating how I see it for me and my kids.
Maybe you need to lighten up if my comments got you on the defensive.
Someone's sensitive this morning.
Midnight_Storm
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:54 am
Midnight_Storm wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:12 am Maybe it’s a family name? I really don’t know, I didn’t pick names with the intent of using shortened or nicknames. If they choose to, that’s fine, I respect that, but wasn’t what I based picking their names on. Half my family call me by my first and middle name. You’d think it was hyphenated, lol. But that’s mostly because my aunt, purely coincidental, has the same first name and same middle initial.
With my children I didnt intend on their names being shortened. I think my family started it and then IDK I think it just caught on. I wasnt thinking about their names being shortened into nicknames when I chose them. I spent a lot of time on picking them, which I find funny now.
Picking the perfect name is stressful, lol. It’s like one of the first big decisions you make for your child. In hindsight, it’s funny how we spend that time worrying over a name and to be fair the kid’s stuck with it for life. But still, lol. My odd didn’t have a name until she was 3 days old because the minute I looked at her, the name I’d originally picked just didn’t seem right for her. I actually know a few people who named their kids based on intended nicknames, which I’ve wondered why they didn’t just use the short name or nickname to begin with.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:06 am Sounds like a personal problem. I use the names I gave my kids. Any nicknames are ones they gave themselves.
The middle name is so the kid knows they are in trouble. It's a progressive step. First name (Better see what's up), First and middle name (Mom is getting pissed off you're in trouble now) Full name First middle and last (You done fucked up. Say your prayers, you're never seeing the light of day again).
Lol, I do this with DS but my mom just had to bust out my full, legal first name... it’s horrendous enough to get my attention every time.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We took this into consideration when naming our kids. They are Tucker and Ella. For the most part there are no nicknames beyond what their friends have given them. Tucker does get shortened to Tuck by close family and friends, but only sometimes and it is usually sports related.
Locked Previous topicNext topic