Store credit card for bad credit

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 pm Most wont deal with anyone below 580 but walmart has accepted 550. She needs to build it up to over 600

I just had a thought, I may add her as an authorized user on my credit card for a few months and just not tell her. Maybe that will help her score improve to at least 550. Right now she has no credit usage for the past few years and bad credit history for the couple of years before that.
As I've researched adding someone as an authorized user doesn't do anything for their credit score, it just means they are authorized to make purchases on your account.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:36 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 pm Most wont deal with anyone below 580 but walmart has accepted 550. She needs to build it up to over 600

I just had a thought, I may add her as an authorized user on my credit card for a few months and just not tell her. Maybe that will help her score improve to at least 550. Right now she has no credit usage for the past few years and bad credit history for the couple of years before that.
As I've researched adding someone as an authorized user doesn't do anything for their credit score, it just means they are authorized to make purchases on your account.

Yeah, that's not what I'm seeing. I'm going to verify with my cc company tomorrow. Thanks though!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:38 am

Yeah, that's not what I'm seeing. I'm going to verify with my cc company tomorrow. Thanks though!
It does seem to depend on the card. If you go that route, I'd make sure they don't have a physical card to add on any debt that you'll be responsible to pay back.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:50 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:38 am

It does seem to depend on the card. If you go that route, I'd make sure they don't have a physical card to add on any debt that you'll be responsible to pay back.
AmEx reportedly does, as do most major cards. And as I've said, she won't have access to the card.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 am
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 pm

I don't have a Lowes card.... the one I was thinking of adding her to would be my amex. I've had that one for about 12 years so it has a nice long history and I'm pretty sure they report to the credit bureaus from what I am reading. Plus they ask for the user's social. I'm going to verify that they report tomorrow. If I do it I just won't give her the card when it comes so she won't have any actual access to it. And just for long enough that she can get her own card and take it from there.
That's how I rebuilt my ex husband's in short order.
I can’t think right now, what is the mail order place that finances and reports to credit? They have small items too.
Fingerhut, right? My God mother used them too.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:34 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:13 pm

I don't have a Lowes card.... the one I was thinking of adding her to would be my amex. I've had that one for about 12 years so it has a nice long history and I'm pretty sure they report to the credit bureaus from what I am reading. Plus they ask for the user's social. I'm going to verify that they report tomorrow. If I do it I just won't give her the card when it comes so she won't have any actual access to it. And just for long enough that she can get her own card and take it from there.

Did there have to be any activity on the user's card? Or can I just activate it and put it in a drawer when the card comes in the mail?
No as long as your account is in good standing and they report under her SSN, she'll get the benefit without using it. You just use it like normal so that the account itself is active.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If your friend is plus size have her try Roamans or Womanwithin. She may also want to try First Premier Bank or The like. They will have an annual fee and high interest but it is a rebuilding tool.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Walmart? But imo it's not a good idea. Who is she to you that you're so interested?
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I suggest a secured credit card from the bank their with instead. You can have no credit for those and if you utilize it correctly you can build your score up pretty fast.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:48 am
bluebunnybabe wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 am

I can’t think right now, what is the mail order place that finances and reports to credit? They have small items too.
Fingerhut, right? My God mother used them too.
Yes! I looked it up last night and finally found it. Apparently, if you don’t qualify for a card, they also have a fresh start program.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic