Do you feel people who pay child support

LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Assuming you contribute equally a month, between the two of you that would be $600 a month for one child. In general no child costs that much.

Should a parent go the extra mile? At the very least they should want to.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Use the child support for the sports
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It would be nice if they did, but they don't have to pay a penny over the court ordered amount. Sounds like you had a child with a low earner. I'm betting even if you guys were still together you couldn't afford lots of extras for the child.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm Assuming you contribute equally a month, between the two of you that would be $600 a month for one child. In general no child costs that much.

LOL my children cost substantially more than $600 (each) a month, but I do realize we are on the “expensive” children plan.
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

While I agree with your main point...CS was set so low for a reason. It's a sucky situation though.
Foreverme123
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Child support is based on income. So if you only get $300/month, he must not make very much and when you make a baby with a low income man, you're going to receive low child support.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Our pay is commission based. We pay extra when we can and when we get to the point that our commissions are sustainably higher, we will request a review ourselves.

Child support isn't supposed to be tit for tat. It's not supposed to make everything perfectly equal. I think focusing on that takes away from the main focus which is the child.
PinkMartini
Villein
Villein

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:51 pm Assuming you contribute equally a month, between the two of you that would be $600 a month for one child. In general no child costs that much.

According to the Department of Agriculture the average cost of raising a child is just under $14,000 per year. We will used $13,500. This equates to $1125 per month. Yes, it most certainly costs more than $600 per month.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What? I just woke up, but I can’t make sense of what you said?

Children are way more than $600/month. Are you being sarcastic?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

You can ask. And he can decline. He is not required to pay anything that is not court ordered. That is what happens when you have kids with a man that either did not want to be a Dad in the first place or was just an overall no account. Your kid does without or you have to figure it out yourself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic