Will Smith catches backlash for colorism after being cast as Venus and Serena Williams' father

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:01 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:49 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 am

This is all very intentional, to keep us divided and fracture us even further. Think about it - We're powerful when we're united. That's dangerous to those who mean to control us. We've already had divisions, now it's even further. There's fractures within political parties now, there's fractures among people if color, there's now even fractures among the LGBTQ community. More subtypes every day who hate the other subtypes.

Starting these kinds of divides insures that there would never be able to be any kind of civil uprising or revolution as there had been before when the overlords have gotten out of control.
I can’t disagree.
Who are the overlords?
The government
The Illuminati
The Bilderbergers
The Rockefellers
The Deep State
Etc, etc

That's my general term for whoever is truly in charge of what's going on...whatever entity that may really be.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:12 pm

I can’t disagree.
Who are the overlords?
The government
The Illuminati
The Bilderbergers
The Rockefellers
The Deep State
Etc, etc

That's my general term for whoever is truly in charge of what's going on...whatever entity that may really be.
Okay
Thanks!
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Billie.jeens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Who are the overlords?
The government
The Illuminati
The Bilderbergers
The Rockefellers
The Deep State
Etc, etc

Okay
Thanks!
I didn't mean aliens or anything if that's what you were thinking! LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:55 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:34 am Black people with a lighter complexion had an “easier” life from slavery to Jim Crow in the 60s and it pitted us against each other. We are only 1-1 1/2 generations away from that so this is fall out.

Not that I agree. I am biracial but considered “light skin” and I have been judged for it/harassed about it so I get it. But that’s why that is.

I hope we get past this soon.
I don’t think we will get past it soon. Not because I’ve lost hope but because it’s going to take more time. When the majority of society chooses to stay on the merry go round the few who are not on that merry go round are only a blur.
Soon... I mean next 1-2 generations. :-)
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ridiculous! Samuel L Jackson played Nick Fury when Fury was supposed to be white. And he did an AMAZING JOB!!! Those people can get over it.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Well, he could always offer to do the movie wearing blackface to appease those offended.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:29 pm
Billie.jeens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 pm

The government
The Illuminati
The Bilderbergers
The Rockefellers
The Deep State
Etc, etc

Okay
Thanks!
I didn't mean aliens or anything if that's what you were thinking! LOL
I was not thinking that.
“Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn’t know because they might reflect badly on Democrats."
Billie.jeens
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:40 pm Well, he could always offer to do the movie wearing blackface to appease those offended.
:idea:

:lol:
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:07 am

This is all very intentional, to keep us divided and fracture us even further. Think about it - We're powerful when we're united. That's dangerous to those who mean to control us. We've already had divisions, now it's even further. There's fractures within political parties now, there's fractures among people if color, there's now even fractures among the LGBTQ community. More subtypes every day who hate the other subtypes.

Starting these kinds of divides insures that there would never be able to be any kind of civil uprising or revolution as there had been before when the overlords have gotten out of control.
I can’t disagree.
Who are the overlords?
I think I saw that Valentina replied to this as well but I’d say our government, other governments, big tech companies (half joking on that one)
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:39 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:55 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:34 am Black people with a lighter complexion had an “easier” life from slavery to Jim Crow in the 60s and it pitted us against each other. We are only 1-1 1/2 generations away from that so this is fall out.

Not that I agree. I am biracial but considered “light skin” and I have been judged for it/harassed about it so I get it. But that’s why that is.

I hope we get past this soon.
I don’t think we will get past it soon. Not because I’ve lost hope but because it’s going to take more time. When the majority of society chooses to stay on the merry go round the few who are not on that merry go round are only a blur.
Soon... I mean next 1-2 generations. :-)
I hope so but I think there is going to need to be some all around major mindset changes for that to happen.
Locked Previous topicNext topic