DS10 ate my dinner

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Midnight_Storm wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:07 am This really goes beyond the actual food. He disobeyed dad and showed you a high level of disrespect and selfishness. I’d sit his butt down for a talk about that and if probably take away privileges of a couple days. I wouldn’t put a lot of focus on the food itself but what his actions say to you and Dh, if that makes since. I don’t like food battles or generally disciplining over food. I’ve seen too many negatively impacted with eating issues from various food related battles. But as I said, this really isn’t about the food, but about how he thinks it was ok to behave this way towards you and Dh.
This. My yds loves tacos. He also had a problem with his eyes being bigger than his stomach. So I had to have a chat with him about taking more than his share of meat he wasn't going to eat. I'd be snatching my son for a nice sit down lecture at full volume if he ever said I could have snacks. Oh hell no in fact he could get his butt up and cook for me. Idc if it was scrambled eggs the point is he had no consideration and now he was going to get some.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:32 am How big where the steaks? My son is 13 and eats like a horse but there is no way he would eat that much.
I don't know. DH doubles this recipe and doesn't add mushrooms.

https://bestrecipebox.com/salisbury-steak-recipe/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:48 pm To be fair, those frozen salisbury steaks are really small
I woudn't feed that crap to my dog.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Eves9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:50 pm
Eves9 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:41 pm 1. Salisbury steak is disgusting so I'm baffled as to why he'd eat 4 let alone 6.

2. I'd also be concerned he's eating that much. I have two sixteen year old boys who don't eat that much.

3. He needs to be grounded for his disrespect and have portion control put on his food immediately. That's not healthy and if he can't be responsible with his portions then you and your DH need to do it for him and he can ask for seconds.
Homemade salisbury steak is delicious.
I've had homemade Salisbury steak. I think it's awful lol (My dad probably just didn't know how to make it)
That is fair. I wish I had saved the recipe that had been shared on the old CM site. Sadly,I don't think that poster ever made it over here to the new site.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:46 am I am always kinda baffled about these posts where the kid eats all the food for everyone. My kids do not go get their own food. Never have, never will. They are portioned it out and they eat that and ask for seconds and obey what I say regarding that. Even my special needs son.I just wonder what kind of upbringing have these kids had to think that is okay.
My boys get their own. We just discuss what constitutes a 'fair share'. I say if there's some left have seconds. And now they're considerate and ask each other if anyone wants more before they take it.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm
highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:32 am How big where the steaks? My son is 13 and eats like a horse but there is no way he would eat that much.

So if he made it exactly to the measurements that would mean your son had 1 pound of meat (prior to cooking). That is a ton of food. I know after my son has a hockey game he is starving, but even then he could not eat that amount of food.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:15 pm

So if he made it exactly to the measurements that would mean your son had 1 pound of meat (prior to cooking). That is a ton of food. I know after my son has a hockey game he is starving, but even then he could not eat that amount of food.
If her husband doubled this recipe, he used 2 lbs of meat and made 8 patties. Son ate 6, which is 1.5 lbs.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:41 am Last night when I was at work DH made salisbury steaks along with veggies and a few other sides for dinner.

DS10 had 4 steaks and lots of sides. He said he was still hungry so DH said to eat more veggies/sides or find something else to eat.

DS asked if he could have mine and DH said no.

Next thing you know the portion DH set aside which was 2 steaks and other things is gone.

And DS said I could just eat snacks for dinner.

I feel like this is really disrespectful. We have tons of food in this home easily made by the kids that DS could have gotten. Instead he chose to be selfish and eat my food while DH was cleaning up the kitchen.

This morning DS is arguing trying to justify what he did and it's just pissing me off even more.
Fighting over meat? Wow.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:15 pm

My kid could after wrestling. I just reminded him to drink some water before getting 3rds and waiting a few minutes
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:41 am Last night when I was at work DH made salisbury steaks along with veggies and a few other sides for dinner.

DS10 had 4 steaks and lots of sides. He said he was still hungry so DH said to eat more veggies/sides or find something else to eat.

DS asked if he could have mine and DH said no.

Next thing you know the portion DH set aside which was 2 steaks and other things is gone.

And DS said I could just eat snacks for dinner.

I feel like this is really disrespectful. We have tons of food in this home easily made by the kids that DS could have gotten. Instead he chose to be selfish and eat my food while DH was cleaning up the kitchen.
This morning DS is arguing trying to justify what he did and it's just pissing me off even more.

He would be grounded
Locked Previous topicNext topic