I only attend the charity thing if my son is performing.

RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:32 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:52 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:49 pm It's your money, your choice. It ultimately helps your son, so I would support it if I had the means. It isn't charity, it's a fundraiser.
Right. But wouldn't it be smart to include everyone then if you really are trying to boost funds and attendees? I am probably not the only one that would make sure to be there to watch their kid but might be eh to be there to watch someone else's kid.
I would support it if I thought my child would one day be the 10th grader, but I have plenty of disposable income.
So do I. Still doesn't mean I like to choose how I spend said disposable income.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would ask if they accept donations in lieu of actual ticket purchases. If so, I would make a donation, but not attend the performance.

I WOULD buy tickets and attend the event if my son wanted to go~for example, if he had friends performing that he wanted to watch.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:31 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm

It's a public school. Our tax dollars pay for it
If they're hosting fund raisers, they apparently require more than what is provided via the school/taxes in order to continue in the current caliber.
Every school fundraises for nicer things and resources. But they don't close either.
You do know that schools have to cut programs when their budget is tight and they're short on funds, correct?

You do know that the unnecessary things like the arts/sports are the first thing to go so that they can keep the school up and running, yes?

That's the reason why it behooves you to support them at their fundraisers.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
RedBottoms

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:42 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 pm

If they're hosting fund raisers, they apparently require more than what is provided via the school/taxes in order to continue in the current caliber.
Every school fundraises for nicer things and resources. But they don't close either.
You do know that schools have to cut programs when their budget is tight and they're short on funds, correct?

You do know that the unnecessary things like the arts/sports are the first thing to go so that they can keep the school up and running, yes?

Lol not at this school. It's an arts school. The arts courses are part of the curriculum.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Your money, your choice. For me, charity is about helping others, not about me kvelling. Last year I attended a charity event for my son’s former school, even though he wasn’t a student there anymore, so obviously he wasn’t even there, let alone perform. 🤷‍♀️
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:45 pm

Lol not at this school. It's an arts school. The arts courses are part of the curriculum.
Ok. I know because it's your special school they're exempt from budgetary concerns even though they're publicly funded. That's great. They'll never ever have to cut any programs at all. It's a magical place. LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:32 pm

I would support it if I thought my child would one day be the 10th grader, but I have plenty of disposable income.
So do I. Still doesn't mean I like to choose how I spend said disposable income.
No you don’t. I don’t expect my mom to fund my vacations, and I guarantee you that I live in a much better school district than you, yet still manage to scrape together 42-47k per child per year for private school. Based on what I’ve read on this site you are a controlling narcissistic and your kids and DH will run away from you ASAP.
Disposable income means any money leftover after paying bills. We have that. Sorry but Websters disagrees with you.

My husband could leave any time. He doesn't. Instead he is here doing whatever I ask of him. Jealous?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:50 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:45 pm

Ok. I know because it's your special school they're exempt from budgetary concerns even though they're publicly funded. That's great. They'll never ever have to cut any programs at all. It's a magical place. LOL
They would have to close. My son's dance classes are during the school day. Not after school. If they cut them the kids would be running around the school with nothing to do. All the kids do art classes during the day instead of taking home ec or shop or PE.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:50 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:36 pm
No you don’t. I don’t expect my mom to fund my vacations, and I guarantee you that I live in a much better school district than you, yet still manage to scrape together 42-47k per child per year for private school. Based on what I’ve read on this site you are a controlling narcissistic and your kids and DH will run away from you ASAP.
Disposable income means any money leftover after paying bills. We have that. Sorry but Websters disagrees with you.

My husband could leave any time. He doesn't. Instead he is here doing whatever I ask of him. Jealous?
😂 I guess we have a different definition of “bills” - aka “financial responsibilities”

And no thanks to your DH. I prefer a man.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:00 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:50 pm

😂 I guess we have a different definition of “bills” - aka “financial responsibilities”

And no thanks to your DH. I prefer a man.
It's not my definition. It's the actual definition. Any money leftover after necessities and taxes.
Locked Previous topicNext topic