Walmart grocery pickup, question and and a rant

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We have good experiences with Walmart grocery pickup. Only one time were we left waiting for an excess of 30 minutes and they were severely understaffed. They apologized profusely and compensated us with three rather large gift baskets with lots of useful things inside. Once a young man forgot to take off a salad dressing they tried to substitute for one I ordered but didn’t want. I called and they immediately refunded it. There are 2 Walmarts in our immediate area and 3 more within 30 minutes so I’m not sure if the fact that so many offer pickup is the reason that they are so accommodating or not. I couldn’t be happier though with them.
Momto1son
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

At Walmart they are usually waiting for me to park. I usually leave with in 5 mins. I love it and do it once a week.
Momto1son
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:57 am Our local Walmart doesn't do this yet. I'm not sure if I would use it at all. However, I did start a return the other day through the app to save time. They refunded the money to me, and told me to discard the item.
I love the app return system. It took so much time off.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Have you looked into Shipt or Instacart?

I figure even $10 for delivery probably saves me money in the long run since I’m not impulse buying anything.
Anonymous 0

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:28 pm
Mom of monkeys wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:27 pm I've never been charged for target pick up. And the Walmart your suppose to check in on your way not once your there.
Yes. I tell them I’m on my way and then once I get there I tell them what spot I’m in and what color my car is.

I believe target upcharges items
Walmart definitely upcharges items.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I love grocery shopping.
DDPickles86
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Its best to go in between or right at the beginning of your time.

I do this every week and it helps me keep my spending in check.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:45 am I mean, its Walhell what do you expect?

What do the other stores charge?
Kroger charges me $4.95
AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I’ve only done Walmart delivery. It was an influencer program on cafemom. I had it delivered to my work so that I could get perishables in the fridge right away. Good thing.

They brought my delivery in a cardboard boxes and unloaded the boxes at the receptionist desks. Literally cans and bottles and boxes piled on her counter top. I felt horrible. This was a 10,000 person corporation so a lot of lobby activity. I had to run to my car to get bags.

So even though I’ve never done Walmart pickup, I can tell you 30 minutes sounds right. Just think about how long it takes for any customer support when you visit.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:59 am
Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:45 am I mean, its Walhell what do you expect?

What do the other stores charge?
Kroger charges me $4.95
That's cheap!
Locked Previous topicNext topic