Dunkin' Donuts employee fired for pouring water on sleeping homeless man

Angelic.Zombie
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Eww it takes a special kinda asshole to do something like that to a person.

Unread post

famousglm714 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:01 pm I get not wanting homeless people to camp out in your restaurant but that was completely unnecessary and mean. He should have just called the cops and been done with it.

In Philadelphia two black men were asked to leave a Starbucks because they hadn't purchased anything. They refused & were arrested. Philadelphia police were forced to apologize & Starbucks later closed many of their stores for a few hours in the afternoon for sensitivity training.
Here we have a black man throwing water on a homeless man while another black man records it and laughs.
There is no means of accountability here for these employees. This particular Dunkin Donuts had better step up & maybe do something for the homeless in the area.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Uh oh.. another go fund me for a homeless person.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:37 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:08 pm I don't get the big deal. It was water, not lava. Obviously the homeless man had been told numerous times before to not sleep in there and he did it anyway. I'm guessing the employee was frustrated and decided he had to do more than just tell the man to leave this time.

Homeless people loitering in businesses can be a real issue for the business. If you aren't a paying customer you have no business being in there.
He's a human being, that is what the big deal is. That isn't okay to do to anyone. If you don't want him there, take the proper route, don't dump water on a man who now has to go out in the cold.
I will admit I didn't think about that part, going out in the cold. We are still running A/C around here so "cold" is the furthest thought from my mind. If someone threw water on me here I'd be dry again in like 10 minutes - part of the reason why I don't see it as a big deal. I also did not watch the video, just read the article which just talked about water on the head. I mean yeah, it's rude, but the way some people in here are calling it "battery". Really? So if a car drives by a sidewalk and hits a puddle and splashes water all over me can I sue them for battery?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:41 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:08 pm I don't get the big deal. It was water, not lava. Obviously the homeless man had been told numerous times before to not sleep in there and he did it anyway. I'm guessing the employee was frustrated and decided he had to do more than just tell the man to leave this time.

Homeless people loitering in businesses can be a real issue for the business. If you aren't a paying customer you have no business being in there.
He's a human being, that is what the big deal is. That isn't okay to do to anyone. If you don't want him there, take the proper route, don't dump water on a man who now has to go out in the cold.
I will admit I didn't think about that part, going out in the cold. We are still running A/C around here so "cold" is the furthest thought from my mind. If someone threw water on me here I'd be dry again in like 10 minutes - part of the reason why I don't see it as a big deal. I also did not watch the video, just read the article which just talked about water on the head. I mean yeah, it's rude, but the way some people in here are calling it "battery". Really? So if a car drives by a sidewalk and hits a puddle and splashes water all over me can I sue them for battery?
That is unintentional. Dumping a full pitcher of cold water down a strangers head and back is battery.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is unintentional. Dumping a full pitcher of cold water down a strangers head and back is battery.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 pm

God, people are so soft now
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:57 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 pm

God, people are so soft now
No, some people are just not assholes.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yikes. That’s harsh. He could have woke him up and asked him to leave. There’s such a thing as treating fellow humans with dignity. No need to humiliate the man. Too little empathy in this country.
Spunky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not the way it should have been handled and I'm glad DD fired them.
Locked Previous topicNext topic