A middle school teacher who moonlights as a pole-dance instructor has been suspended by a North Carolina school district

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:01 am Yes she should be fired. Not because I think there is anything wrong with a pole dancing class, but she signed a contract. She isnt smart enough to be teaching if she didnt think teaching pole dancing would be seen as controversial by many in NC.
Why should there even be this type of "morality clause" in her contract?
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:59 am
Smarties wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:58 am All I have to say is NC teachers are some of the worst paid in America. I wouldn't want to teach there anyway.
Maybe if they paid their teachers enough they could afford to only work one job

I left my teaching career, mostly because of the crappy pay especially relative to how hard I had to work and the stress level that came with it.
Nebbioloschnebbiolo
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

I mean, it's a cousin-F***ing red state. No big surprise.
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

She is NOT stripping. She should not be fired.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:37 am I think people need to stop whining about what other people do. If you dont like it just move on,it doesn't mean anyone should lose a job.

Ffs if I dont like that Sally wore a red skirt ,can I get her fired. That is how petty this shit is.
Sally didn't sign a contract.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm not entirely clear exactly how teaching pole dancing constitutes a violation of her contract. She's not teaching people how to strip, she's teaching people how to pole dance. Do they suspend teachers for teaching dance as well? You know, because strippers are known for dancing.
Momtolittleg
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:01 am Yes she should be fired. Not because I think there is anything wrong with a pole dancing class, but she signed a contract. She isnt smart enough to be teaching if she didnt think teaching pole dancing would be seen as controversial by many in NC.
I’m a teacher in N.C. and have never signed a contract, much less one that says I can’t have a part time job doing anything.
Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I think thats awful.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Maybe if N.C. paid its teachers enough money, they wouldn't have to moon light. This is all on N.C. She should not be suspended.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When I was teaching, my contract had a morality clause, too. Teachers here are so paranoid about it, they won't even smoke cigarettes in public (I don't smoke). They'll go to liquor stores across town just to be sure their students don't see them buying alcohol. It's a little extreme. At the same time, I wouldn't have wanted my students to see me drunk, much less pole dancing. I taught 6th grade and at that age, kids have crushes on and sexualize their teachers so if a video like that of me got out to my students, I don't think they would ever see me as a professional again.

I have mixed feelings about this issue but in this particular situation, the students have seen nothing. There should be nothing to investigate.
Locked Previous topicNext topic