Messy buns are not allowed

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:26 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:21 pm It is discrimination against white people. Plain and simple. If black people can fight for hairstyles they are most comfortable in then the same should go for young white women.
Messy bun is a white hair style?
I wouldn’t call it any style. It’s just a name for what both men and women do with their hair when they just want it out of their face. Or I haven’t put gel in my hair and it’s frizzy I’ll tie it back. If the hospital doesn’t like it I don’t care as long as they’re applying it to long haired men also.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:03 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:21 pm It is discrimination against white people. Plain and simple. If black people can fight for hairstyles they are most comfortable in then the same should go for young white women.
I wouldn’t call it any style. It’s just a name for what both men and women do with their hair when they just want it out of their face. Or I haven’t put gel in my hair and it’s frizzy I’ll tie it back. If the hospital doesn’t like it I don’t care as long as they’re applying it to long haired men also.
This poster stated it’s discrimination against white people.. I was wonder if she thought only white people/white hair could do a messy bun.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:01 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:53 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:13 pm

It sure is. Are you saying it is a popular black style to have a messy bun? Not sure black hair can even do the messy bun. If you google 'messy bun' 95% are pics of white girls. Of the 5% they have on the google images of black girls the examples are not messy buns lol. They are trying but-no.
Don’t give me Google stats.. You must not know any black people..of course black people wear their hair in a bun/messy bun. I’ve been black all my life my hair is in a messy bun right now( my hair is long )… Black men with dreads wear a messy bun…
Black people can wear a messy bun, but you can’t have dreads and wear your hair in a messy bun at the same time. The flyaways are part of the style.
I disagree. I have seen black men with a messy bun (from the back) that look exactly like the pictures shown in the post.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

It sure is. Are you saying it is a popular black style to have a messy bun? Not sure black hair can even do the messy bun. If you google 'messy bun' 95% are pics of white girls. Of the 5% they have on the google images of black girls the examples are not messy buns lol. They are trying but-no.
Don’t give me Google stats.. You must not know any black people..of course black people wear their hair in a bun/messy bun. I’ve been black all my life my hair is in a messy bun right now( my hair is long )… Black men with dreads wear a messy bun…
You are black but have silky hair with fly aways and spikey little pieces of hair all over? I doubt that. Is your hair straightened and processed at a salon to be like a white persons? Just trying to understand.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Black people can wear a messy bun, but you can’t have dreads and wear your hair in a messy bun at the same time. The flyaways are part of the style.
Yes, this.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:17 pm

You are black but have silky hair with fly aways and spikey little pieces of hair all over? I doubt that. Is your hair straightened and processed at a salon to be like a white persons? Just trying to understand.
Black people have all different types and textures of hair.. just like white folks. Not every black woman needs to straighten or process their hair to have flyaways.
My hair is naturally curly and down to my waist… I think I can pull if the messy bun quite well. My daughter has the same type of hair.. her main/go to style is a messy bun.

Do you understand?
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I hate to burst your bubble but I’m black and I can wear my hair in a messy bun. This is just not about white females.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Would this not be considered a "messy bun"?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:46 pm

No, it wouldn’t.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:46 pm

No. Those are dread locks in a ponytail/bun
Locked Previous topicNext topic