Has your 2 year old ever held a loaded gun and pointed it at their face?

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:30 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:19 am No but my 4 year old drug his 1 year old sister screaming and crying down the hall because there was a gun laying on a bed and he knew to leave it alone but that she wouldn't.
My dad had been cleaning it and forgot it was out. Gun education works. My kids started shooting at 3.
Most two year olds can't comprehend gun education which is why they shouldn't be left unattended long enough to he able to find a gun and hold it to their face.
I totally agree. My 1 year old wouldn't have thought twice about picking up that gun. But I'm so thankful we had taught our 4 year old not to touch them. They were headed to grab the tub of toys and drag it back to the living room with them.
Our rule for our kids was they were allowed to shoot guns or watch it being shot if it was too powerful for them but not to touch it before getting specific permission and help from an adult. They knew what they were capable of. They weren't taboo. And it worked when we needed it to.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

My kids have drawn on things with crayons and markers that they shouldn’t be drawing on multiple times. It’s just not that big of a deal to me.

I would be more concerned that this occurred in a garage. I can understand how it happens inside when you’re running to the bathroom or distracted because you’re cooking. But if you and a toddler are alone in a garage, that’s probably full of dangerous things, I can’t wrap my head around why the toddler isn’t being carefully supervised.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:04 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:19 am No but my 4 year old drug his 1 year old sister screaming and crying down the hall because there was a gun laying on a bed and he knew to leave it alone but that she wouldn't.
My dad had been cleaning it and forgot it was out. Gun education works. My kids started shooting at 3.
Wow! Smart kid! And great training on your part.
thanks
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Shooting what?
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Nope and they haven’t climbed shelves in the garage to get a lone sharpie either. From the time #1 came home we made sure to keep his area safe. If we had to leave him unattended he was left in a playpen or in a gated room that we already knew was safe. Crazy I know.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:21 pm Nope and they haven’t climbed shelves in the garage to get a lone sharpie either. From the time #1 came home we made sure to keep his area safe. If we had to leave him unattended he was left in a playpen or in a gated room that we already knew was safe. Crazy I know.

She said he pushed a crate up to the shelf to get it. Which honestly sounds like something my 19 month old will do. Climbers find all sorts of things to reach what they want.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:18 pm
Shooting what?
At 3 it was a bb gun with adult hands on the gun with them at all times. Teaching them how to hold it, to treat it like its always loaded, never to point it at people, how to safely carry it, etc.
At 13 I'm not sure what my son is shooting because he does most of it with my dad not me. But he does hunt deer and rabbits. He hasn't gotten a deer yet but he shoots, cleans, cooks, and eats the rabbits he gets by himself.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

She's late thirties and he's in his 50s. Imagine these two babies as teenagers.

O.o
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I don’t buy it for a Second to be honest. If that were the case is she deaf? She didn’t hear him dragging a crate across a concrete floor? I’m sorry but all kids get into trouble-I climbed the kitchen cabinets as a kid, but I’d drug a crate across the floor any adult in the room would have heard it. Let’s be honest here. There is being a toddler and then there is neglect.
carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:24 pm
Anonymous 9 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:21 pm Nope and they haven’t climbed shelves in the garage to get a lone sharpie either. From the time #1 came home we made sure to keep his area safe. If we had to leave him unattended he was left in a playpen or in a gated room that we already knew was safe. Crazy I know.

She said he pushed a crate up to the shelf to get it. Which honestly sounds like something my 19 month old will do. Climbers find all sorts of things to reach what they want.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

No. Never.
And I've had several guns in the home.
Locked Previous topicNext topic