Who disinfects any groceries/purchases that come into your home?

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, I don’t. I wash my hands after being out. I disinfect the door knobs a lot since I have home health people in and out during the week.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Jessi19 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 pm We've lived in a few developing countries and have gotten used to washing down everything, especially groceries. My family is finally thinking that I'm sane!
That’s good! This is definitely not our norm but it doesn’t take that much extra time and since I’m not leaving the house things coming in is one of the only ways myself and kids can get it. My husband also strips at the door and goes straight to shower without touching anything. Thankfully he only has to go into work maybe once a week otherwise he’s teleworking.
I soak all veggies in bleach water. We'er kind of nutty. DH strips at the door and puts on newly washed "fuzzy" so there's that. We're just doing our best but completely understand it's not good enough for some.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Everything but open produce yes. Not the mail because its not being handled by a lot of the general public as grocery store items are (in response to the idiot comment asking about the mail). I started wiping things down weeks before they shut everything down when I noticed so many sickly coughing people wiping their noses and then handling the store items. For produce we wash them really well.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Jessi19 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:57 pm We've lived in a few developing countries and have gotten used to washing down everything, especially groceries. My family is finally thinking that I'm sane!
That’s good! This is definitely not our norm but it doesn’t take that much extra time and since I’m not leaving the house things coming in is one of the only ways myself and kids can get it. My husband also strips at the door and goes straight to shower without touching anything. Thankfully he only has to go into work maybe once a week otherwise he’s teleworking.
I soak all veggies in bleach water. We'er kind of nutty. DH strips at the door and puts on newly washed "fuzzy" so there's that. We're just doing our best but completely understand it's not good enough for some.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Any groceries that are delivered get wiped down on the porch before they come into the house. The mail stays on a certain shelf a few days before being opened.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

We are disinfecting packages I haven't really been grocery shopping.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Jessi19 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:03 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 pm
Jessi19 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:53 pm

I wouldn’t say all that. I was just curious if anyone else was taking these extra precautions. It definitely is a pain to do but I’m hoping will help lower our risk.
I'm at risk as are 2 kids, I'm not taking any chances even though our mail carrier wears gloves. I actually spray our mail with Lysol spray instead of the wipes. I also spray any packages that are delivered
We spray down packages if we can or wipe them down but does the mail not get wet from Lysol spray?
No, I don't saturate it, lol In fact, when I used the wipes the mail was wetter than when I spray it. I spray both sides then sit it in a metal mail slot holder
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This would frankly never cross my mind to do. I'm just not this germaphobic. My idea of extra precautions is washing my hands more often and more meticulously and using hand sanitizer.
Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Do you bleach your money too?
Jessi19
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:35 pm Do you bleach your money too?
We don’t normally use cash so no....and yes I saw that post. It wasn’t me. This was just a conversational post not saying anyone is wrong or right for doing what I do.
Locked Previous topicNext topic