More than 500,000 people sign petition to bring 'maximum' punishment to men seen assaulting injured deer

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:59 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:48 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:40 pm

When they utilize the animal for food, I don't take issue. Baiting is illegal in FL. Proficient hunters bring the deer down humanely with one shot.
That’s what my husband does. We use almost all of the animal. He butchers it himself and sends some of the meat to be made into ground meat or the deer sticks. We eat venison a few times a month.
Hmmm, backstrap, hams, ground venison and deer sausage are delicious!

My husband used to add some ground pork (for fat) to the ground venison and make patties. He'd fry them up in a cast iron skillet with onions and then make gravy from the drippings. Allow to simmer a bit, and omg HEAVENLY!
Where we get it processed adds ground pork to it. Venison just isn’t fatty enough by itself to have it ground. I make spicy chili with most of it. I take it to our churches trunk or treat and everyone loves it. I won a chili cook off with it too.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:53 am But men who go up North and shoot deer are praised!
Go figure.🙄
Shooting a deer for food is one thing. I eat meat with no problem. But downright cruelty is another. At least kill swiftly without torture. There is something not right with those men. Isn't that a sign of a psychopath, torturing animals?
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

GMa4all wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:39 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:39 pm
GMa4all wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:53 am But men who go up North and shoot deer are praised!
Go figure.🙄
If you're speaking of those trophy ranches, I agree. Canned hunts are disgusting.
And those who hunt and kill deer for “ sport” too.
Setting up a deer stand in a tree and sitting and waiting to see one or more and shooting those beautiful creatures is disgusting.
Do you realize if it weren't for the conservation efforts of hunters deer would be hugely over populated then they would be suffering from disease and starvation? A quick death to feed people is much better than the slow painful death of disease and starvation.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:03 pm
Go figure.🙄
Shooting a deer for food is one thing. I eat meat with no problem. But downright cruelty is another. At least kill swiftly without torture. There is something not right with those men. Isn't that a sign of a psychopath, torturing animals?
I agree, these "men" are horrible people.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:03 pm

That’s what my husband does. We use almost all of the animal. He butchers it himself and sends some of the meat to be made into ground meat or the deer sticks. We eat venison a few times a month.

My husband used to add some ground pork (for fat) to the ground venison and make patties. He'd fry them up in a cast iron skillet with onions and then make gravy from the drippings. Allow to simmer a bit, and omg HEAVENLY!
Where we get it processed adds ground pork to it. Venison just isn’t fatty enough by itself to have it ground. I make spicy chili with most of it. I take it to our churches trunk or treat and everyone loves it. I won a chili cook off with it too.
Mine processed them here at home (the meat, not the entire carcass. It came home in coolers. I don't like seeing the whole animal, kwim :(. I was in charge of the grinder, lol. His chili was soooo good. I'd love your recipe anytime you're willing to share :-)
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We never mix it. I love that I don't have to drain it when I brown it. When I run out of deer meat I have stomach issue when I have to cook something fatty. Even if I get the lean burger meat. The shop we used to go to to get it ground would do it right in front of us and ground it right back into our cooler then we'd just package it at home. I loved knowing I for sure got my meat back. But they closed so dh just bought a grinder this year to do it ourselves.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:34 pm

Mine processed them here at home (the meat, not the entire carcass. It came home in coolers. I don't like seeing the whole animal, kwim :(. I was in charge of the grinder, lol. His chili was soooo good. I'd love your recipe anytime you're willing to share :-)
Honestly I just follow the McComick hot seasoning recipe. I do a double batch so I use both red kidney beans and pinto beans. Plus both diced tomatoes(fire roasted are the best) and tomatoes sauce. Then I add some of my favorite hot sauce. I like matouk's hot sauce the best but it’s hard to find we got it in the Bahamas.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 pm
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:34 pm
Honestly I just follow the McComick hot seasoning recipe. I do a double batch so I use both red kidney beans and pinto beans. Plus both diced tomatoes(fire roasted are the best) and tomatoes sauce. Then I add some of my favorite hot sauce. I like matouk's hot sauce the best but it’s hard to find we got it in the Bahamas.
Giiirl, don't say beans in chili around here, lol. You'll get piled on ;-)

I love spicy chili, beans or not!
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

msb64 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:14 pm
Go figure.🙄
If you're speaking of those trophy ranches, I agree. Canned hunts are disgusting.
I also have a problem with the "first time" city hunters who come into our county, shoot without killing a whole bunch of deer, and the ones they do kill they leave the carcass minus skin and head next to the green boxes. Saw a fawn there the other day and it made me so pissed off. We have several processing stations in the county where they could have dropped off the deer and helped to feed the hungry if they didn't want to deal with butchering.
Wow!! Ive only been around people who hunt deer for food so they process. I didn’t know people did stuff like that. That’s so rude and disrespectful.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:40 pm
GMa4all wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:39 pm

And those who hunt and kill deer for “ sport” too.
Setting up a deer stand in a tree and sitting and waiting to see one or more and shooting those beautiful creatures is disgusting.
When they utilize the animal for food, I don't take issue. Baiting is illegal in FL. Proficient hunters bring the deer down humanely with one shot.
I love deer meat, so I don’t take issue with hunting for food either.
Locked Previous topicNext topic