Christmas just for the kids ..

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:59 am Christmas is for everyone. To whoever says Christmas is just for kids, I have only this to say...

Nuh-uh!
I'd love to buy for everyone but it's a numbers and money thing. It's just too much. So that's when we switched to just kids.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes and no, all my kids adult to underage get gifts from entire family. All kids in my family get gifts until married. My parents are bought for every single year. My siblings I only buy for the kids.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

If I see a nice, suitable gift for an adult I'll buy it for them, but the only recipients I actively seek out gifts for are children & DH.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I only shop for adults now since all the kids are grown. On my side there is just my sister and my brothers daughter who recently reunited with us. We don’t usually exchange with dh’s side but his brother had a baby this year so I might buy for her since she is the only little one.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:20 pm
AllofFive19 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:59 am Christmas is for everyone. To whoever says Christmas is just for kids, I have only this to say...

Nuh-uh!
I'd love to buy for everyone but it's a numbers and money thing. It's just too much. So that's when we switched to just kids.
My brother and I just do gifts for each other's kids (3 each), however Mom gives gifts to him and his wife, DH and I, and our kids. DH and I also always make sure we have a gift too, even if it's small.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:44 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:20 pm

Nuh-uh!
My brother and I just do gifts for each other's kids (3 each), however Mom gives gifts to him and his wife, DH and I, and our kids. DH and I also always make sure we have a gift too, even if it's small.
That's mostly what we do. We stopped exchanging with DHs siblings and their spouses. We give to all the nieces & nephews. We give to DHs parents because they give to all of us. With my sister who has no kids, she gives to our kids and we help the kids get something nice for her in return. DH and I don't give to each other.
I think of this as essentially "kids only" because that's where the focus is.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No but I wouldn't have a problem with it. I get my parents and sister gift cards. We all kind of fell into that years ago as we are all adults and can just buy what we want when we decide we want or need something and not wait until Christmas to get it as a gift. My in-laws think it's just not Christmas unless everyone gets gifts so we settled on the adults drawing names.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I do for my kids and grandkids, that being said my baby is 19, my oldest is 40. We don't send to dh's siblings, and I don't have any other family.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I buy for my kids, parents, niece and nephew. I dont care how old I will always get them gifts. They are the only ones I buy for.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We buy for any child under 18, my parents, his siblings who don’t have kids, and each other.

We do not buy for my siblings.
Locked Previous topicNext topic