Is it just me, or is this unacceptable to have in a grocery store?

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:17 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:00 pm That is disgusting. Our food lion does this too. Especially with meat. Yuck! They sell brown/greenish meat and lower the price for a managers special. I saw it today even ! Don’t know how they get away with it.
THAT is exactly why I stopped shopping at Food Lion 20 years ago. I'll go there to pick up shelved items or frozen items if I need something quick because it's closer than Kroger and the store is smaller so I'm in and out and back home in about 20 minutes. But I won't buy meat and I rarely buy produce. Most of the time their produce looks like shit. And this is even AFTER Martins bought them.
I love going to my food lion I just don’t know who is making the decisions to mark down rotten meat and sell it with good conscience?? And then the people who buy it?? WTH!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:29 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:17 pm
MrsDavidB wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:00 pm That is disgusting. Our food lion does this too. Especially with meat. Yuck! They sell brown/greenish meat and lower the price for a managers special. I saw it today even ! Don’t know how they get away with it.
THAT is exactly why I stopped shopping at Food Lion 20 years ago. I'll go there to pick up shelved items or frozen items if I need something quick because it's closer than Kroger and the store is smaller so I'm in and out and back home in about 20 minutes. But I won't buy meat and I rarely buy produce. Most of the time their produce looks like shit. And this is even AFTER Martins bought them.
I love going to my food lion I just don’t know who is making the decisions to mark down rotten meat and sell it with good conscience?? And then the people who buy it?? WTH!
I've been burned too many times buying chicken and coming home to open it up and could smell it had already gone bad.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

We ate corn with moldy husks sometimes growing up, the corn inside was fine. It came from the last of harvest during wet seasons. I don’t buy a lot of corn on the cob from grocery stores.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:39 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:42 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:35 pm This is the the corn they have out.

It’s not a discount store or anything like that, just a regular store.

DC6A7683-8464-4C44-96E9-D27F37AD1466.jpeg
You need to get the manager, drag him by his ear over to the corn box. Ask the idiot if he would eat what appears to be rotton moldy corn? Snap a few pics of him standing in front of the nasty corn and tell him you are calling corporate, posting these pics on the stores fb page, IG, Twitter and on MC. You will also be giving a review on Yelp with pics included.
LOL. Drag him by the EAR. I see what you did there.
Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (337.41 KiB) Viewed 39 times
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn’t buy it.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Are you sure it's mold, and not dirt? Sometimes they don't all get washed off. I see nothing wrong with it, as long as it's just the husk. What does the corn on the inside look like?

PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Honestly, that looks like end of season corn. Did you peel the husks back and see what was inside? If the actual cob is good and the blackening isn't all the way throught the husk it's just cosmetic.

The stuff that never makes it to the store because it's not pretty but still perfectly fine would amaze you.
Locked Previous topicNext topic