Does anyone have a personal assistant?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:45 pm I have had one for years. She does a bunch of stuff for me both at work and in my personal life. I am so used to having one that I dont think I could function without one at this point.
I dont need anyone to help me. Ive run a business, my home, PTA, several sport and cheer teams plus managed to get all of the kids to their games and activities on time plus made 3 meals a day and kept a spotless house. I think its pretty sad that you need another adult to help you function in your daily life.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:45 pm I have had one for years. She does a bunch of stuff for me both at work and in my personal life. I am so used to having one that I dont think I could function without one at this point.
I dont need anyone to help me. Ive run a business, my home, PTA, several sport and cheer teams plus managed to get all of the kids to their games and activities on time plus made 3 meals a day and kept a spotless house. I think its pretty sad that you need another adult to help you function in your daily life.
That is great for you. I wouldnt be able to do that working the 75-80 hours a week I work.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Well aren't you special.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Do you also have a nanny, and housekeeper?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:48 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:19 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:45 pm If this woman is employed by the same business you work for, she should not be doing personal shit. The company isn't paying her to pick up your dry cleaning or kids from soccer, for example. She's there to handle your appointment book and your paperwork.
They are paying her to do personal stuff too. She gets paid every hour she is on the job including when it isnt work related.
If she’s picking up your dry cleaning, putting all of your personal appointments on your calendar, and reminding you to call your mom on her birthday (and even sending mom flowers using your personal credit card) I think that’s fine and fairly typical. If she’s hand selecting gifts for your nephew and carting your children around that seems...wrong....
That's how my FIL operates. His personal assistant is in charge of getting our kids birthday gifts, since he doesn't know when any of their birthdays are, and he and mil get the Christmas gifts since it's one day so they'll remember. But, since they have no idea what any of my kids actually like, they just walk into a store and say "whats the popular gift this year" and buy 5 of it, which is how my 1 year old ended up being given a fitness tracker watch...
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Give Anon 5 a cookie!
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Not enough money for that, but even if I did have enough money, I would not want one. I am very independent. I just make a lot of lists and try to get most of it done.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:45 pm If this woman is employed by the same business you work for, she should not be doing personal shit. The company isn't paying her to pick up your dry cleaning or kids from soccer, for example. She's there to handle your appointment book and your paperwork.
Lol you sound jealous
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Not really. I have an admin assistant at work, but he is only 'personal' insofar as his full-time job consists entirely of assisting me and he doesn't work with anyone else. He doesn't usually handle my private life. He will in a pinch, but it's not typical, and that's not what I need him for anyway. My personal life is relatively easy to manage, it's my paperwork, scut and appointments that I'm drowning in. For that, he is a F***ing lifesaver. I don't think I'd be able to do my job half as well as I do without him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic