I shouldn't have done this

Anonymous 6

Unread post

You just screwed up your evaluation and you are never going to get that money back. Kiss it goodbye kookoo
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The key here is that you are an intern.. They are paid and above you. What they do has absolutely NO bearing whatsoever on what you do since you are there to learn and do what they tell you to do. You are not their equal in the workplace, so just because they make a personal call it does not mean you have the green light to do so.
Also, if you were speaking in a voice heard down the hall, that equals yelling. End of story.
I'm with the other ladies that said they would have told you to leave. That is unprofessional behavior for the workplace.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I don't know why you keep making things harder for yourself. You shouldn't be making personal phone calls even at an internship. It doesn't matter if nothing is going on it's very unprofessional to bring your baggage to work.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I make personal calls at work if it's slow. We all do its allowed. But I certainly wouldn't make a call where I know I'm going to get angry at work. And discussing a refund with a mechanic i know I'll get loud. So I would have waited or better yet written a letter.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:41 am Yeah, I'd have waited until I was done to call.. Personal calls shouldn't be made in the workplace unless it an emergency, even if you are just an intern.
Understandable.I see the other supervisors make personal calls all the time.This internship sucks to be honest.There is literally nothing for me to do every time I come here.I intern at headstart.Im in the office I dont get to go in the classrooms and play with the children.I just sit in front of a desk and surf the net and answer the phone.The supervisor never has any work for me to do I ask and she just says everything's fine...

Im bored...this is not social work...I just do my homework until its time to clock out.The other supervisor goes to the mall everyday for an hour ..the front desk guy left to " go to the store" and was gone for nearly two hours.Im just counting the days until im done which is tommorow
Different rules apply to you since you are an intern. These people who are making calls are paid workers. This should have waited until you were off work or on a lunch hour if given one. I do echo what others have said. I'd tell you to leave for the day. That was in no way professional on your part.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Hopefully you get a piss poor evaluation, it's what you deserve. I also want to know how it went from 380 to 500 he owes you.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

There's a lot of things you shouldn't have done but you went and did them anyway and here we are...again.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Locked Previous topicNext topic