Boyfriend at kids sporting events.

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why are you telling him that in the first place? If you want to bring your boyfriend to the game, then bring him. It's a free country.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Tell the ex to get over it. He has no say in this as long as your BF is a nice guy and good with the kids. Ignore your ex-he IS trying to control you and the kids.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He sounds like a jerk. In the future, don't bother telling him these things.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

While I do not think it is an issue for you to bring your BF to the game I will say this... IF you think your ex is going to cause a scene in front of your kids, the other kids on the team and/or the parents then maybe rethink it. The only reason I bring this up is because we had a situation a few years ago where a couple split up and then dad's new GF came to a baseball game. She sat far away from everyone else and mom sought her out and started cussing her out and told her she didn't belong there and all sorts of other crazy. All of the boys on DS's baseball team saw this as well as a handful of parents because of how loud it was. DS still brings it up on occasion and it was 3 years ago. DS was so embarrassed for his teammate. Sometimes the parents don't think about what the kids are going to see. While it would be their dad's fault if something like this happened you could help avoid it and protect them by not bringing BF....
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm wondering why you even told your ex beforehand. I think that was your mistake. I would've just showed up with my boyfriend and if the ex was there he could just deal with it or leave.

If you are telling your ex things that he doesn't really need to know, then it doesn't really sound like you've completely moved on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic