I only attend the charity thing if my son is performing.

SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it's fine that you didn't attend.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:13 pm I would go to all of them even if my child isn't performing

However that isn't a lot of money to me so it wouldn't be a big deal
Its honestly more about just being butthurt none of the middle school kids are included. :( I love all the middle school dancers there and would love to see them.

I admit I am petty about it. Give the middle schoolers a chance! lol
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:59 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:55 pm I would take my ballerino to it.
I thought about that. I take him to a lot of performances. But these honestly just don't appeal to me as much so I would only go if it was to watch him at this point.

If I was running it-I would tell them to use all the kids even if for a super short number to make our attendance go up. But that is just me.
Everything is ALWAYS about YOU

I'm out ✌
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You are not being petty, you are using common sense.

My son is in band, but I would not pay to attend a concert/fundraiser that he wasn't playing in. I did take him to his future high school to see their band concert, but it was free.

I really dislike fundraisers. Just raise the cost of the activity, don't keep begging for more money. Reminds me of the airlines nickeling and diming customers.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I thought about that. I take him to a lot of performances. But these honestly just don't appeal to me as much so I would only go if it was to watch him at this point.

If I was running it-I would tell them to use all the kids even if for a super short number to make our attendance go up. But that is just me.
I don't think most people are that petty, that the school has to figure people won't go if their child doesn't perform.

It's a charity, not a recital. Most people would support the charity because it benefits the school. If the school has to shut down programs, or worse yet all together, for lack of funding, your son will never get to see 10th grade dance. Since this is such a central part of your life and his, you'd think you'd happily support their efforts.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, I would and have. I look at it as my contribution to the school.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:13 pm

I don't think most people are that petty, that the school has to figure people won't go if their child doesn't perform.

It's a charity, not a recital. Most people would support the charity because it benefits the school. If the school has to shut down programs, or worse yet all together, for lack of funding, your son will never get to see 10th grade dance. Since this is such a central part of your life and his, you'd think you'd happily support their efforts.
It's a public school. Our tax dollars pay for it
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm

If they're hosting fund raisers, they apparently require more than what is provided via the school/taxes in order to continue in the current caliber.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
RedBottoms

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:30 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm

If they're hosting fund raisers, they apparently require more than what is provided via the school/taxes in order to continue in the current caliber.
Every school fundraises for nicer things and resources. But they don't close either.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:52 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:49 pm It's your money, your choice. It ultimately helps your son, so I would support it if I had the means. It isn't charity, it's a fundraiser.
Right. But wouldn't it be smart to include everyone then if you really are trying to boost funds and attendees? I am probably not the only one that would make sure to be there to watch their kid but might be eh to be there to watch someone else's kid.
I would support it if I thought my child would one day be the 10th grader, but I have plenty of disposable income.
Locked Previous topicNext topic