Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:12 am
Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:35 pm

You may believe that these are short sighted conventions that turn out to be wrong.

Other believe there are completely real differences between the male and female body and they are not comfortable being naked around each other.
"But conservative opponents of the ERA, led by Phyllis Schlafly, successfully convinced the public that the amendment would lead to horrifying unintended consequences. Some of those feared consequences, like legal same-S*x marriage, have already come to pass without the ERA's help and without society falling apart. But Schlafly also argued, dubiously, that the ERA would mandate unisex bathrooms because it would somehow erase all differences between men and women in the eyes of the law. It was a very successful argument. Anti-ERA campaigns ran with the idea that rapists and pedophiles would be free to lurk in women's restrooms, and that women would lose their right to privacy in this very intimate sphere.

"Such a fear energized conservative women against the amendment, but it also rallied their husbands to protect their wives and daughters from the dangers of S*x-integrated bathrooms," writes Neil J. Young at Slate. "If women could not retreat to the privacy of their own restrooms, where could they be safe from the dangers of the world outside their homes?"

https://www.vox.com/2015/12/30/10690802 ... ghts-lgbtq

It’s simply incorrect to say there has never been a problem in bathrooms before… it’s bizarre that you are all trying to group a demographic together as all having the same thoughts patterns… they don’t. Trans women are just as different and unique as women in general… that’s like an argument that we think the same because we’re both women. That would be untrue, wouldn’t it?

It’s gaslighting to call people names if they are uncomfortable with this…

The TRUTH is that sometimes assaults are taking place in gender specific spaces. That TRUTH might not fit the narrative you want to be real, but it is regardless…

The TRUTH is that there are times women feel uncomfortable and unsafe, and the TRUTH is that their feelings are considered unimportant compared to the men whose feelings will be prioritized in the situation…

https://le.utah.gov/interim/2024/pdf/00000577.pdf
What men are you talking about? What MAN'S feeling's are we prioritizing? Transgender women are WOMEN who were born into a body that has a penis. You seem to be firmly entrenched in the idea that having a vagina makes you a woman and having a penis makes you a man. It's difficult to have a logical conversation when our definition of what a woman and a man is are completely different.
Deleted User 1511

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:37 am I think that women rightfully have a fear of men. Transgender women rightfully have a fear of men. The instances of rape, assault, and murder of transgender women is statistically higher than those of their cis-gender counterparts.

Some women see a shared fear with transgender women and welcome then into their spaces. My daughter likes to say, "I got you girl". Other women are okay with sharing their space if the transgender women no longer has a penis and even others are not okay if someone was born with a penis. All of those concerns are valid even if I don't understand some of them. Businesses are responding appropriately by allowing transgender women in previously cis-gender women only spaces but also by gender neutral individual units for potty and shower. Planet Fitness has them, our local gym has one, all of our businesses with a bathroom has it.

I find people like Silva an embarrassment, calculating, and dangerous. She didn't just post the picture online of the woman shaving, along with her video taped monologue, she tagged Libs of Tik Toc and now has been on Charlie Kirk's and Alex Jones' shows and the story has been picked up by the most vocal transgender haters on social media. The MAGA crowd is now boycotting Planet Fitness (which is their right) but has also shared this picture with posters mis-gendering her and labeling her a pedophile, pervert, and predator and MEN wishing her arrest, rape, assault, and murder. The woman shaving was not in the wrong as she was following PF's rules. Silva was in the obvious wrong as she violated PF's privacy rules (and perhaps even the law). Yet Silva is being hailed as a hero and the woman shaving as a pervert. What the f**k is wrong with people?

The reality is that if you have been to a gym, you most likely have shared a locker room with someone who is transgender. If you kids attend public school, they have most likely shared a bathroom or locker room with someone who is transgender. If the residents of my small rural southern conservative town can get this (they do) then MAGA at large can get this.

How weird… now women wanting a space to change clothes without men present is a MAGA thing… could accusations like that be the reason Trump is still polling so well? Could the reason be that people who were vehemently against trump keep getting lumped in with his supporters every time they don’t agree with a social change that they just go… ok screw it, I guess I’m in that crowd now…

https://torontosun.com/news/national/st ... a5524/amp/

Among the findings:

— Of the 99 inmate sample group, 44% of the trans women convicts are S*x offenders.

— 82% of gender-diverse offenders were trans-women with an average age of 42 years old and almost half were serving “indeterminate” sentences.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW
— Two-thirds (66%) had low reintegration potential. About 64% of these offenders had committed a “current sexual offence,” while 88% had previously been convicted for sexual offences. About 94% committed their crimes while living as their biological S*x

Does this mean transgender MTF are more dangerous than any other man? No, of course not… the amount of fantastic people who are MTF are definitely in the majority… just like the amount of good men to rapists- good men are definitely the majority.

Does this mean women have nothing to worry about? No. It means they should have the exact same amount of worry that comes with any other man… are they a threat? No probably not. Could they be a threat? Yes, of course.
No. Labeling transgender women as perverts, abominations, pedophiles, and predators is a MAGA thing. You can determine whether or not it applies to you. The comfort of women (cis-gender and transgender women) is an important conversation. Giving labels like I just listed to transgender women is not having a conversation. Threatening transgender women with physical violence is not having a conversation. If one does either, I assume that their agenda is to vilify the transgender community NOT to create safe spaces for ALL women.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:41 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:12 am
Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 pm

"But conservative opponents of the ERA, led by Phyllis Schlafly, successfully convinced the public that the amendment would lead to horrifying unintended consequences. Some of those feared consequences, like legal same-S*x marriage, have already come to pass without the ERA's help and without society falling apart. But Schlafly also argued, dubiously, that the ERA would mandate unisex bathrooms because it would somehow erase all differences between men and women in the eyes of the law. It was a very successful argument. Anti-ERA campaigns ran with the idea that rapists and pedophiles would be free to lurk in women's restrooms, and that women would lose their right to privacy in this very intimate sphere.

"Such a fear energized conservative women against the amendment, but it also rallied their husbands to protect their wives and daughters from the dangers of S*x-integrated bathrooms," writes Neil J. Young at Slate. "If women could not retreat to the privacy of their own restrooms, where could they be safe from the dangers of the world outside their homes?"

https://www.vox.com/2015/12/30/10690802 ... ghts-lgbtq

It’s simply incorrect to say there has never been a problem in bathrooms before… it’s bizarre that you are all trying to group a demographic together as all having the same thoughts patterns… they don’t. Trans women are just as different and unique as women in general… that’s like an argument that we think the same because we’re both women. That would be untrue, wouldn’t it?

It’s gaslighting to call people names if they are uncomfortable with this…

The TRUTH is that sometimes assaults are taking place in gender specific spaces. That TRUTH might not fit the narrative you want to be real, but it is regardless…

The TRUTH is that there are times women feel uncomfortable and unsafe, and the TRUTH is that their feelings are considered unimportant compared to the men whose feelings will be prioritized in the situation…

https://le.utah.gov/interim/2024/pdf/00000577.pdf
What men are you talking about? What MAN'S feeling's are we prioritizing? Transgender women are WOMEN who were born into a body that has a penis. You seem to be firmly entrenched in the idea that having a vagina makes you a woman and having a penis makes you a man. It's difficult to have a logical conversation when our definition of what a woman and a man is are completely different.
lol, therein lies the confusion huh?

I keep thinking that people with penises are men, and people with vaginas are women…

Transgender women are called women because that’s the respectful thing to do, call people what they want to be called….

It is MIND BOGGLING to me that you believe there are no biological definitions or differences between the male and female body… but hey, everyone is allowed to think whatever they want. I just happen to think that we’ve taken good manners to the level of delusions…
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:46 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:37 am I think that women rightfully have a fear of men. Transgender women rightfully have a fear of men. The instances of rape, assault, and murder of transgender women is statistically higher than those of their cis-gender counterparts.

Some women see a shared fear with transgender women and welcome then into their spaces. My daughter likes to say, "I got you girl". Other women are okay with sharing their space if the transgender women no longer has a penis and even others are not okay if someone was born with a penis. All of those concerns are valid even if I don't understand some of them. Businesses are responding appropriately by allowing transgender women in previously cis-gender women only spaces but also by gender neutral individual units for potty and shower. Planet Fitness has them, our local gym has one, all of our businesses with a bathroom has it.

I find people like Silva an embarrassment, calculating, and dangerous. She didn't just post the picture online of the woman shaving, along with her video taped monologue, she tagged Libs of Tik Toc and now has been on Charlie Kirk's and Alex Jones' shows and the story has been picked up by the most vocal transgender haters on social media. The MAGA crowd is now boycotting Planet Fitness (which is their right) but has also shared this picture with posters mis-gendering her and labeling her a pedophile, pervert, and predator and MEN wishing her arrest, rape, assault, and murder. The woman shaving was not in the wrong as she was following PF's rules. Silva was in the obvious wrong as she violated PF's privacy rules (and perhaps even the law). Yet Silva is being hailed as a hero and the woman shaving as a pervert. What the f**k is wrong with people?

The reality is that if you have been to a gym, you most likely have shared a locker room with someone who is transgender. If you kids attend public school, they have most likely shared a bathroom or locker room with someone who is transgender. If the residents of my small rural southern conservative town can get this (they do) then MAGA at large can get this.

How weird… now women wanting a space to change clothes without men present is a MAGA thing… could accusations like that be the reason Trump is still polling so well? Could the reason be that people who were vehemently against trump keep getting lumped in with his supporters every time they don’t agree with a social change that they just go… ok screw it, I guess I’m in that crowd now…

Among the findings:

— Of the 99 inmate sample group, 44% of the trans women convicts are S*x offenders.

— 82% of gender-diverse offenders were trans-women with an average age of 42 years old and almost half were serving “indeterminate” sentences.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW
— Two-thirds (66%) had low reintegration potential. About 64% of these offenders had committed a “current sexual offence,” while 88% had previously been convicted for sexual offences. About 94% committed their crimes while living as their biological S*x

Does this mean transgender MTF are more dangerous than any other man? No, of course not… the amount of fantastic people who are MTF are definitely in the majority… just like the amount of good men to rapists- good men are definitely the majority.

Does this mean women have nothing to worry about? No. It means they should have the exact same amount of worry that comes with any other man… are they a threat? No probably not. Could they be a threat? Yes, of course.
No. Labeling transgender women as perverts, abominations, pedophiles, and predators is a MAGA thing. You can determine whether or not it applies to you. The comfort of women (cis-gender and transgender women) is an important conversation. Giving labels like I just listed to transgender women is not having a conversation. Threatening transgender women with physical violence is not having a conversation. If one does either, I assume that their agenda is to vilify the transgender community NOT to create safe spaces for ALL women.
No one is labeling them as pedophiles or predators…

The fact and reality of the matter is that transgender women have some of the exact same dangers as men in general…

Does that mean men are pedophiles and predators? No, of course not… but 1 in 4 women is sexually assaulted by a man by the time they’re an adult. It’s beyond me that we’ve now taken places as changing rooms and decided privacy between men and women is no longer needed, but further than that… now we’re going to gaslight everywoman who has a problem with this by suggesting it is her fault she feels uncomfortable.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:27 am
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:18 am

Among the findings:

STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Link is not working.
Weird. It’s working for me.

( the pictures uploaded backwards, so the bottom picture is first, and the first picture is last.)

89EDF767-5B7E-4FED-B06C-AB92CCF90357.pngE6802899-3556-499C-84EC-67E115D278C8.png5F490D69-CA6E-4E8E-8278-03D970D6AFDD.png

The study added: “Over 80% of gender-diverse offenders with sexual offence histories were trans-women. Sexual offending indicators showed that the majority of these offences were committed while living as their biological S*x, and that the highest proportion of victims were children or female.”

In addition, the majority of the “sub-group caused death or serious harm to their victim(s).”
You seem more the type to actually get the study and read it than to accept an interpretation of it from a tabloid.

If you're interested, it can be found through https://publications.gc.ca/site/archive ... 42-eng.pdf
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:55 am

I keep thinking that people with penises are men, and people with vaginas are women…

Transgender women are called women because that’s the respectful thing to do, call people what they want to be called….

It is MIND BOGGLING to me that you believe there are no biological definitions or differences between the male and female body… but hey, everyone is allowed to think whatever they want. I just happen to think that we’ve taken good manners to the level of delusions…
There are literally 100s of different physical characteristic combinations (chromosomes, appearance, development, hormones, fertility, function, internal and external organs, sperm or egg production) that humans can manifest. Many people do not even know, or choose not to disclose, these variations when present. It is a vast oversimplification to think that having or not having a single organ defines a person's S*x or gender.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:11 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:55 am

There are literally 100s of different physical characteristic combinations (chromosomes, appearance, development, hormones, fertility, function, internal and external organs, sperm or egg production) that humans can manifest. Many people do not even know, or choose not to disclose, these variations when present. It is a vast oversimplification to think that having or not having a single organ defines a person's S*x or gender.
What is your definition of a woman?

If all emotions are taken out of the equation… not what people “feel like” … but what is your biological definition of a woman?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:03 am
Della wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:45 am

The Phyllis Schlafly effect.
And if we ignore all the times that assaults and rapes have happened, you would be right…

But we would have to ignore reality.
All the times or by trans individuals in female bathrooms/locker rooms?
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Also interesting-

If you google “What is the biological definition of a woman” you get dozens of articles about how it’s whatever you look like, whatever you feel like, there is no definition of a woman anymore, there’s no definition other than what they want to be…

If you google “ What is the biological definition of a man” - Male (symbol: ♂) is the S*x of an organism that produces the gamete (S*x cell) known as sperm, which fuses with the larger female gamete, or ovum, in the process of fertilisation.

What a difference … women don’t exist anymore, men do though.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:29 am Also interesting-

If you google “What is the biological definition of a woman” you get dozens of articles about how it’s whatever you look like, whatever you feel like, there is no definition of a woman anymore, there’s no definition other than what they want to be…

If you google “ What is the biological definition of a man” - Male (symbol: ♂) is the S*x of an organism that produces the gamete (S*x cell) known as sperm, which fuses with the larger female gamete, or ovum, in the process of fertilisation.

What a difference … women don’t exist anymore, men do though.
I entered that exact phrase (What is the biological definition of a woman) on Google and here is where I went.

Page 1
https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/ ... nd-gender/

Link in above Yale link
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK222288/
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic