S/O Sibling fighting

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't intervene, the one left standing wins.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mine don't get physical much. Dd goads ds bad. He will get fed up and sit on her until she chills. I told him that he can't hurt her. Dd likes to pick at him. She tries to set him up until he snaps. He laughs at her and she smacks him.

My siblings got into bad fights. My brothers got into fights. Dad would make them take it outside and be the referee. They were 6 years apart. The younger brother was a clean fighter, the older one not so much. Dad had to step in to keep it a clean fight.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I separate them, but it’s been awhile since they’ve had a bad enough fight to warrant a punishment. It’s mostly just petty bickering these days.

For a real fight, I would punish both. It doesn’t matter to me who started it, and I don’t want to get dragged into taking sides.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Reedusstalker wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:20 am First I make them hug each other and then I punish them both. My girl likes to say things under her breath so it looks like my boy is flipping out over nothing. I make them hug each other for my own amusement.
I only have one but my bff likes to make them hug and sit on the couch holding hands, lol.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Only my two older girls ever got physical. It happened in their room so I saw nothing but the after effect. I sent them back to their room, told them I wasn’t getting involved and they could kill each other or knock their shit off. It was up to them to figure their shit out.

An hour later they were back upstairs laughing and joking like nothing happened.
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

when they were little I would make them holds hands and complete a task together. LIke making a bed or something. as they got older I would punish both. M odd can serious instigate and my younger dd would snap. she was quick to hit instead of walking away. therapy has helped a whole lot. they are 16 and 20 now and for the past year, younger dd remains calm enough to hand me her phone and let me know she's taking the grounding for what she's about to do which lets her sister know she's crossed a line and needs to get out of dodge. since she started doing that things have not escalated to physical fights anyway.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't care who started it. I'm finishing it, and they BOTH get punished. At 15 and 11, they are more than old enough to know how to walk away, yet they don't. They will intentionally push each others buttons just to piss the other one off.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LOL! Pretty much this too!
I always tell them that if I didn’t see what happens I won’t take sides and they can choose to either stop fighting and no one gets punished or keep it up and both get punished. Usually that stops the fight 😂
But I confess I don’t think they have ever gotten into an actual physical fight...
Pjmm wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:17 am Pretty much my technique lol8d6535db09d55d898040206d4236380b.jpg
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So far they've never fought really bad. But they would both get punished. The instigator is just as wrong as the one who gets physical. Lashing out with words is just as bad as lashing out with hands.

Now when they are just kind of play-wrestling, I do remind my older one to be gentler because he is physically that much bigger than the younger one. But when I see the younger one start something with his older brother I remind the younger one 'do you really want to start that? he's much bigger than you.' And if the older one lashes out because the younger one started something, then the younger one is actually going to get in more trouble.

Essentially, they are both responsible for not starting something, not saying hurtful things, and not getting physical in an angry way. I put all three of those things on the same level of wrongness.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Lol my neighbors sends their 2 oldest daughters outside to physically fight when they start verbally fighting too much.
Locked Previous topicNext topic