I don't want to kick her out this close to her birthday

cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's definitely time for some tough love.

She needs to go, and discover what being an adult really means.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've always told my children they are expected to preferably go to college after high school graduation or get a job. If they still live here they will be paying rent and living expenses if they aren't in school.
eyes4ears
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

She isn't taking you or life seriously. You have to show her you mean business.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My old daycare provider went through something similar with her oldest son. He was 19 and doing nothing with his life. Even after many many attempts from her to get him to do something. So she kicked him out. Gone, until he figured out what to do with his life. She said it was the hardest thing she had ever done, and he spent some time just hopping from friend's couch to friend's couch.
But 6 months later, he had a job, he had a plan for his life, and he came back to his mom and he thanked her. He said that being kicked out was just the boot in the butt he needed to get his life figured out.
Sometimes the most important things we do as parents are the absolute most difficult things.

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:32 pm I get that you want to light a fire under her, but I have to say, you really sound derogatory toward your daughter. Tough love is one thing, but you might want to encourage her rather than shame her.
How in the hell am i shaming her. She is almost 19 yrs old and isnt doing shit with her life. It's been a yr. She had two job. Got fired from both. One for a no call no show the other she just walked off. She im supporting her ass for her to do nothing but f**k off all the time.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:18 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:32 pm I get that you want to light a fire under her, but I have to say, you really sound derogatory toward your daughter. Tough love is one thing, but you might want to encourage her rather than shame her.
How in the hell am i shaming her. She is almost 19 yrs old and isnt doing shit with her life. It's been a yr. She had two job. Got fired from both. One for a no call no show the other she just walked off. She im supporting her ass for her to do nothing but f**k off all the time.

Are you serious? Read what you just wrote to me. THAT answers your question. This is how you are talking about your DAUGHTER?
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

What area is there stuff to do with no money?
Guest wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:22 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:10 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Hanging with friends that is all i know.
With no money?
They find stuff to do that doesn't cost money.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I don't understand these kids that grow up with no work ethic. That should have been taught to her years ago, from the time she was young. I started working when I was 14. I knew my entire life that if I'm not in school full time I had to be working full time. If I was in school, I had to work part time. I was taught that from the get.

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:57 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:18 pm

Are you serious? Read what you just wrote to me. THAT answers your question. This is how you are talking about your DAUGHTER?
Yeah it is and it is the truth. Speaking the truth isnt shaming. I am not going sugar coat anything. She isnt a little child.

Unread post

Vanillacupcake wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:21 pm What area is there stuff to do with no money?
Guest wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:22 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:10 pm

With no money?
They find stuff to do that doesn't cost money.

Lakes, springs, state parks, camping. Something's just chilling at someone house.
Locked Previous topicNext topic