They want to earn money

CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Why can't they get jobs? I don't pay my children to do chores. It is everyone who lives in this house responsibility to help out.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 am What state do you live in where they can't get jobs? Working age is 14 in just about every state. If there are other reasons why they can't get actual jobs, they just seem too old to me to get paid for doing household chores for mom. I would tell them to go around the neighborhood and wash some cars, mow laws, clean yards, babysit, etc.
Most places around here won't hire you until you're sixteen even though the kids can get a work permit when they're 14.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I had a job at 15. I just needed a work permit. Most fast food places hire 15 year olds. I may help my kids out this time, but I’d also be encouraging a PT job. I don’t give money for household responsibility.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:56 am What state do you live in where they can't get jobs? Working age is 14 in just about every state. If there are other reasons why they can't get actual jobs, they just seem too old to me to get paid for doing household chores for mom. I would tell them to go around the neighborhood and wash some cars, mow laws, clean yards, babysit, etc.
Minimum working age is 14 in my state, but vast majority of employers who will hire teens won't hire anyone under 16.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Why are you feeling responsible for your nephew getting the money? Isn't that up to his parents?
Vanillacupcake
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I would give them a cushion of more than $26. If the girls want popcorn and drinks that may not be enough. You wouldn't want the boys to be embarrassed. Just be sure to explain what the extra money is for so they don't think they can spend it at will!
Are you factoring in drinks and tip at the restaurant?
Guest wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:35 am
AsteroidStar wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 pm Dinner and a movie for 4 people, plus potential snacks/drinks at the theater, is going to be a lot more than 100.00, unless they do a dollar menu at a fast food place. Movies are expensive now.

Mow the lawn
Clean the garage
Wash/vacuum car
Clean out the refrigerator
Clean out the dryer vent hose
Clean behind the oven and the refrigerator
The movies are $6 per person so that is $24. And they will do the Buffet which is abour $50 for all 4

Unread post

Im not going state my state but where do you live where you can work at 15. Ive live in 2 states and both you had to be 16 unless you entered a work program through the school
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 am
Im not going state my state but where do you live where you can work at 15. Ive live in 2 states and both you had to be 16 unless you entered a work program through the school
NY. I actually can't find a single state where you have to be over 14 to get a work permit, as long as you are not working during school hours.

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:06 am Why can't they get jobs? I don't pay my children to do chores. It is everyone who lives in this house responsibility to help out.
You have to be 16 to work here. They do have chores. They can do extra chores to earn money . Like for instance, it is mine and dh jobs to wash and vacuum our vehicles but they can earn money if they do it.
I dont make them clean the kitchen or bathroom i do those but they can do it for extra money.

Unread post

Lilysma719 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:15 am Why are you feeling responsible for your nephew getting the money? Isn't that up to his parents?
Because he is living with me. His parents are responsible for his basis neecs like helping with food, his clothes but taking his girlfriend out isn't a basis need. And i am going to treat him just like my son i can't expect him to follow the same rules as my son if i don't do the same for him as i do my son
Locked Previous topicNext topic