I suck at decorating.

Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:55 am Mine is rustic country. I also have a lot of antique furniture and antique farm implements.

I'd love to see pics if you're willing to share.
Rustic country here too lol I love it!!!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Madeyemoody wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:00 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:55 am Mine is rustic country. I also have a lot of antique furniture and antique farm implements.

We recently did a cool rustic piece-wall in our kitchen by taking 1 x 4 yellow pine and sizzling it with a torch and adding a coat of satin urethane. We then assembled it in a staggered pattern on the wall, added powder coated hooks, and hung all my cast iron and enamel skillets in a decorative pattern on it. Everyone loves it, lol.

My sons girlfriend is making some burlap cafe curtains trimmed in red and white checkered cotton fabric for my kitchen. I can't wait, lol.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Madeyemoody
Countess
Countess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:17 am

We recently did a cool rustic piece-wall in our kitchen by taking 1 x 4 yellow pine and sizzling it with a torch and adding a coat of satin urethane. We then assembled it in a staggered pattern on the wall, added powder coated hooks, and hung all my cast iron and enamel skillets in a decorative pattern on it. Everyone loves it, lol.

My sons girlfriend is making some burlap cafe curtains trimmed in red and white checkered cotton fabric for my kitchen. I can't wait, lol.
I’d love a way to display my cast iron! For now they are tucked in a cupboard. You’ll have to post pics of the curtains! I’ve been looking online at burlap touches like runners and curtains but haven’t found anything I like quite yet
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Madeyemoody wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:20 am
CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:17 am

I’d love a way to display my cast iron! For now they are tucked in a cupboard. You’ll have to post pics of the curtains! I’ve been looking online at burlap touches like runners and curtains but haven’t found anything I like quite yet
It turned out really nice! I'll try to add pics from my laptop soon. I haven't really found any either. She and I just looked at other styles I like and changed them up a little bit, lol.
306/232

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:17 am Simple is best. Clean lines and surfaces-focus on minimal knickknacks and just a few focus pieces
I mean I hear what you are saying, but that's not really me, lol.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:53 am Join fb decorating groups. I have gotten a ton of great ideas from there. Decorating Love, The House Edit, White Walls, I love decorating. Those are a few.
So I am not on those, but I am a magazine junkie, pinterest whore. I like everything, and suddenly my area looks like modern, traditional, shabby chic and eclectic just threw up in my room. And my tight budget probably doesn't help, lol.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My sister is rustic country. That is one style, I don't venture to far into?

You want to see my current state? Because, I assure you, you do not!!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Do you not like it?

It can't be that bad. I've messed up with my decorative choices too. It's nothing to be shy over :)
306/232

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CockatooCrazyColt529 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:54 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Do you not like it?

It can't be that bad. I've messed up with my decorative choices too. It's nothing to be shy over :)
Rustic country, no I think it is really cute. I just have been trying to run away from my small hometown & childhood farm experience for my whole life, lol. I married a city boy, it’s just not us. But every once in a while, a piece will sneak in, lol.

And my current home state is pretty bad, lol, maybe if I ever make progress, I can post before & after pictures.
Locked Previous topicNext topic