Summer struggles as a mom

RedBottoms

Unread post

I am a SAHM . Mine spend some time in camps and some time at home. I struggle with trying to not feel bad they are spending too much time on electronics so I try to plan activities and outings etc. Plus get all the things done we have to get done.

DS has 2 weeks of dance intensives in June
Other DS has some band camps things in June
They will spend some time at My moms
I will do some sleepovers with friends and playdates
Maybe do some drive in movies and movie theater movies and Imax movies
go to the pool
they have summer reading they have to do
school supply shopping
getting all the doctor appts out of the way before school starts like eye doctor check ups and pediatrician check ups and dentist check ups and allergist check ups
I have to go out of town for a few days for a lawsuit thing I am involved in that is huge

so our summer is fairly full even without a big trip planned
Deleted User 244

Unread post

Can you take some time off with them at the start and end of the summer and plan some fun activities?
Stanleydontcare
Villein
Villein

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:57 am I do not really feel that stress as a working mother of school age kiddos. I have found a really nice balance.

I had immense guilt when they were little & in daycare and came to the realization that my children were absolutely fine, adjusted and happy. It was me who was the mess, lol. I have since moved past that phase.
Yep. I am the one who is the mess. They are very outgoing and adaptive children so I guess that’s good but holy moly, mama is a crybaby. Lol
Stanleydontcare
Villein
Villein

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:35 am Can you take some time off with them at the start and end of the summer and plan some fun activities?
I’m still the newb at work even after almost 4 years. I work with a lot of people who I feel don’t see the importance of taking time with the kiddos. And I have the least amount of vacay time of everyone. It’s just stinky. :/
Deleted User 244

Unread post

Stanleydontcare wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:20 pm
MC08 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:35 am Can you take some time off with them at the start and end of the summer and plan some fun activities?
I’m still the newb at work even after almost 4 years. I work with a lot of people who I feel don’t see the importance of taking time with the kiddos. And I have the least amount of vacay time of everyone. It’s just stinky. :/
I’m sorry. I hope it gets better.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I work at home, but they go to day camp
They have fun and I can work uninterrupted
I don’t feel guilty, because I know I’m doing what they need
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
AnnOhn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I’m very fortunate that I can work from home. I’ll stay home most days but I do have to travel a few days in both June and July.

My son hates summer camps. He’s had to attend them for too many years and just wants to relax at home.
CreamTop
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I always haddaycare, so the summers were just a continuation of that. They would always do fun stuff in the summer that kept them busy.
i rise.....
Reedusstalker

Unread post

When I worked, the minions went to daycare and they were toddlers but I can't understand what you're saying.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Luckily I work from home, so I'm home with my little guy. I can't imagine having to leave him. It would be very hard. I hope you find something for them to do, so you can just think about them having fun and playing!

Locked Previous topicNext topic