If you’ve had a CT with contrast, please come here.

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sounds like a mild reaction to the contrast to me. Is there any irritation at the injection site? Redness, itchiness? That's usually what seals the deal and indicates whether it was a contrast reaction.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:18 pm I had one when I got into a car accident over a year ago. I didn't have that problem but I had a terrible reaction to the contrast. It legit felt like they stuck boiling water into my veins. It just kept getting worse and worse till I couldn't stand it anymore and begged for it to stop. It burns. It burns so bad!
It was weird because I have had soon many MRIs with contrast and never had that burning feeling. They must have used something else with the CT scan.
That burning feeling almost like a really bad hot flash with CT scans contrast is normal. They warn you about it beforehand or at least every time I’ve had one they did. It also makes you feel like you pissed yourself. CT scans and MRI use different contrast agents, so your experience would be different.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:28 pm Sounds like a mild reaction to the contrast to me. Is there any irritation at the injection site? Redness, itchiness? That's usually what seals the deal and indicates whether it was a contrast reaction.
There’s little red marks where they put the iv in - no itchiness or anything though.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Wow, I don't know what this is or what's it's for, but based on the responses, I'll stay far, far away from ever having it done.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:23 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:28 pm Sounds like a mild reaction to the contrast to me. Is there any irritation at the injection site? Redness, itchiness? That's usually what seals the deal and indicates whether it was a contrast reaction.
There’s little red marks where they put the iv in - no itchiness or anything though.
Still feeling better or reverting back to the nausea?
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:22 pm Wow, I don't know what this is or what's it's for, but based on the responses, I'll stay far, far away from ever having it done.
CT means CT scan, computerized tomography scan. A common noninvasive imaging procedure
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:50 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:34 am You should call you doctor and tell him/her this
I plan on it Monday. No one is in the office today. I took some zofran though and laid down on the couch. I feel somewhat normal now.
As long as you’re feeling fine now I would think it’s ok to wait until Monday, but if you’re at all still feeling sick you should call their after hours number or even go to an urgent care.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:09 pm
mater-three wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:23 pm
Still feeling better or reverting back to the nausea?
Nausea is not there but my stomach feels a bit like it’s been hit by an object.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

IMG_5351.jpeg
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:22 pm Wow, I don't know what this is or what's it's for, but based on the responses, I'll stay far, far away from ever having it done.
For me, I have this lump by my ear. The CT scan is to examine it inside or whatever to see what it causing it. I’ve had two rounds of antibiotics and it still looks like this. My PCP thinks it’s a salivary stone but it could be something more serious.

They inject a contrast into you so they can see. That contrast is the what I’m having a reaction to. Sorry about the headset. I was at work.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Nausea and dizziness are common side effects of the contrast given. Some people get flu like symptoms but are not as common. Diarrhea is also a less common sode effect. However, it should not last more than a day. Drink plenty of water to flush out the dye. Call the hospital department where you had the scan done for advice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic