I'm worried I won't be able to get a new IUD

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:04 am
Rosehawk wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:58 am Makes me glad I'm done having children. I'm also terrified for my daughters and what they're going to have to go through in the years to come.
Were you as fanatical in spending time and money in supporting Hillary Clinton, as Trump's white evangelical christian supporters were in supporting him and Pence?

The time to be terrified was back then.
The time to be terrified began under Reagan.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't think that's going to be an issue. An IUD is classified as a contraceptive, plan B is not. You're needlessly worrying.

Just an FYI, I had an IUD... I also got pregnant with my daughter. They're not perfect.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:17 pm I don't think that's going to be an issue. An IUD is classified as a contraceptive, plan B is not. You're needlessly worrying.

Just an FYI, I had an IUD... I also got pregnant with my daughter. They're not perfect.
Did you not read what Clarence Thomas said?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:17 pm I don't think that's going to be an issue. An IUD is classified as a contraceptive, plan B is not. You're needlessly worrying.

It may be classified as such, but many people still believe it is preventing a fertilized egg from implanting, and therefore comparable to abortion. They are hard at work to outlaw these methods, as hinted at by Thomas in his comment about "due process" cases.
The conservative judge wrote that the court should “reconsider” other cases decided on the legal theory of “substantive due process”, including rulings that establish LGBTQ and contraceptive rights.

“In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,” he wrote.
https://nypost.com/2022/06/24/court-sho ... ce-thomas/
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:37 pm

Did you not read what Clarence Thomas said?
I get that, but "IF" that happens, it won't be for a while. Her appointment is in 3 months. Aren't they going on break soon? They usually break late June to July before the next October session.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:52 pm

It may be classified as such, but many people still believe it is preventing a fertilized egg from implanting, and therefore comparable to abortion. They are hard at work to outlaw these methods, as hinted at by Thomas in his comment about "due process" cases.
The conservative judge wrote that the court should “reconsider” other cases decided on the legal theory of “substantive due process”, including rulings that establish LGBTQ and contraceptive rights.

“In future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell,” he wrote.
https://nypost.com/2022/06/24/court-sho ... ce-thomas/
As it currently stands, it would have to be reclassified. Other cases would have to be ruled on first and they're getting ready to break. Ops appointment is in 3 months. Doubt they're going to overturn much more before then. Maybe when they come back in October...
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:49 pm I hate that they’re talking about banning plan B and possibly all contraceptives.
I know quite a few women that have shared that they are now planning to get appointments for an IUD. I want to get an IUD as other methods of birth control don’t work best for me.
However I’m 14 weeks pregnant so an IUD will not be an option for me until January 2023.
What if by then it’s no longer an option for me? Or, like you, I’m forced to wait months upon months?
If you are able to, you could always go to Mexico. Believe it or not, accessing birth control is easier and cheaper in Mexico and IUDs are extremely commonplace there.
Locked Previous topicNext topic