Paying BM child support is not the priority right now

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Every other week or every other weekend??
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Ok well, he still owes it. Unless he whines in court that he is out of a job and isn't interested in being an adult and paying his obligations like a grown man so he can get it lowered through the proper channels, he'd be a moron to ignore her. It sounds a lot like he squandered all the unemployment that was handed out for months on end. You picked a loser. Have fun with that.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:57 pm DH stopped working a few months ago. I am luckily still working but we now have half the income we did before. DH is supposed to be paying $1000 a month to BM in child support. He hasn't been able to while not working and now that he is getting a lot less in unemployment. He asked if I would pay it and I told him no, that would make us broke and unable to pay other bills.

BM isn't struggling and doesn't need the money. The kids are still with us every other week so our costs aren't going down at all. Paying the child support just isn't a priority right now. Keeping our bills paid so we don't have our electricity turned off or our transportation taken away is more important. Having food on the table is more important.

I'm not saying that DH is just not ever going to pay it again. He will still owe all that money and need to pay it but it just isn't going to happen right now. BM is mad that he missed his first payment ever. She said she was going to talk to her lawyer about it which is her right. I wish she could be more understanding. My ex doesn't pay child support but if he did I would understand if he couldn't due to losing his job during a pandemic.

The whole thing sucks. I can't wait until DH gets a job again.
Okie dokie
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So he’s been getting a grand a week in unemployment, but that is a significant pay cut, plus you work, and you got at least $2400 in unexpected stimulus money, yet you have no savings and you can’t tighten your belts in any way other than stiffing his kids?

sure thing, trollio
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:09 pm Sounds like he should have been saving that extra $600 a week. Sucks to be him.
He was helping us get ahead so I can do it on my own for the next little bit. Plus the expenses for the kids went way up. We had to buy laptops for all of them. They weren't nice ones but it was still expensive. We also had some medical bills we had to pay when he lost his insurance.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:23 pm So he’s been getting a grand a week in unemployment, but that is a significant pay cut, plus you work, and you got at least $2400 in unexpected stimulus money, yet you have no savings and you can’t tighten your belts in any way other than stiffing his kids?

sure thing, trollio
He never got a grand a week for unemployment. We didn't get any stimulus money we never qualified he was still working then anyway. We don't have much in savings but that was unrelated to the pandemic.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:42 pm Every other week or every other weekend??
Every other week.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Your husband needs to do whatever he needs to do to support his kids. If that means that he needs to take on another job, then that's what he needs to do.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So you two make over 200k a year but have zero savings and live paycheck to paycheck?? why didn’t he get the extra $600 in pandemic unemployment?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 pm
moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:23 pm So he’s been getting a grand a week in unemployment, but that is a significant pay cut, plus you work, and you got at least $2400 in unexpected stimulus money, yet you have no savings and you can’t tighten your belts in any way other than stiffing his kids?

sure thing, trollio
He never got a grand a week for unemployment. We didn't get any stimulus money we never qualified he was still working then anyway. We don't have much in savings but that was unrelated to the pandemic.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

He got the $600 and then $200 in regular unemployment. My income is only 1/4 of our total income so he was helping us get ahead so we can survive the next few months on my income. The reason we have no savings is because of medical bills we had to pay.
moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:43 pm So you two make over 200k a year but have zero savings and live paycheck to paycheck?? why didn’t he get the extra $600 in pandemic unemployment?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:28 pm

sure thing, trollio
Locked Previous topicNext topic