Why am I the only one in the house that can do dishes the right way?

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mamaof4 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:01 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:57 am She doesn’t have to do it the right way because you’ll do it the right way😂 I’ve learned that with Dh and the kids, if they don’t want to do something they’ll half ass it so I’ll just do it.

As far as my spouse, right now, everything. I keep threatening to run away from home.
I KNOW. Little shit. She’s even said as much “work smarter not harder.” 🙄 She’s admitted to doing it with other things so I know it’s the same with this. Drives me up a wall.
I keep debating going on strike, but I don’t think it would bother anyone in the house but me if things didn’t get done. It wasn’t all the time until a couple months ago. I swear it’s my family’s entertainment right now.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Just let her do it her way and then let her deal with the half washed dirty dishes from the dishwasher.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:21 am
mommy_jules wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:13 am My DH does the laundry. I hate the way he does it, but I bite my tongue. Otherwise he’d stop helping, so I’ve just got to lower my expectations. It’s clean and put away and I no longer have to hear he has no clean underwear, so I can deal with . It’s a trade off, really. He also likes to talk to me while I cook. I really dislike that, and yet after being married 10 years, he still does it.

Ugh I hate that. My DH wears headphones while he cooks so no one talks to him lol.
I might try that, but I’m not sure it’ll work. It’s like he feels compelled to follow me around the kitchen talking about his day or complaining about something. 🤷‍♀️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I started making the kids and hubby come back and redo the dishes every time they came out dirty. They got sick of it and now they are done right.

I can stand that they leave clothing everywhere. So i started taking it away from them. I have a trash bag under my bed and every time i have to pick up after them it goes in the bag. Even the hubby.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:13 am My DH does the laundry. I hate the way he does it, but I bite my tongue. Otherwise he’d stop helping, so I’ve just got to lower my expectations. It’s clean and put away and I no longer have to hear he has no clean underwear, so I can deal with . It’s a trade off, really. He also likes to talk to me while I cook. I really dislike that, and yet after being married 10 years, he still does it.
Omg my husband is constantly saying "babe look" when I'm cooking or cleaning and it drives me insane because it's always some stupid video or pic that i don't find funny or care about
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My Bosch dishwasher is AWESOME!! No more food stuck-on clean dishes discussions here, lol.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wish the kids would clean the sink properly. I can't have a garbage disposal because it's not good for a septic tank. You'd think it was the worse thing on God's green earth. And they don't rinse dishes either so periodically I find crumbs in the dishwashers filter. But it cleans well. I don't nitpick much though mainly because I get tired of hearing myself lecture never mind them.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I got sick of dishes coming out dirty because they were never rinsed. So, I started leaving all dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Eventually, ALL the dishes would be in the dish washer. And so, eventually, they had to wash their dirty dishes. But it makes me laugh when I hear one of them say, "Why are all the dishes in the dishwasher????" My response: "Because they are dirty."

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:10 pm I started making the kids and hubby come back and redo the dishes every time they came out dirty. They got sick of it and now they are done right.

I can stand that they leave clothing everywhere. So i started taking it away from them. I have a trash bag under my bed and every time i have to pick up after them it goes in the bag. Even the hubby.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

One of my pet peeves is when anyone who has washed a dish (and that's a rarity!) leaves FOOD PARTICLES on the dish scrubber.
Mamaof5
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:24 pm My Bosch dishwasher is AWESOME!! No more food stuck-on clean dishes discussions here, lol.
We need a better dishwasher, but we just updated about a year ago. I’ll keep it in mind when we’re in the market for another.
Locked Previous topicNext topic