WWYD if the pill thieves were YOUR kids?? Poll

If your kid committed a felony at the ages of 10-13. What would you do?

Try to teach them with love
17%
Call the cops myself within reason (plz explain)
6%
Nothing
No votes
Call the cops and let it play out
33%
Other (answered in comments)
44%

Total votes: 48

Unread post

"I'm just doing this poll to see what other parents would do in this situation."

NO, you're doing this poll so you can comment on people you disagree with and be flat out rude, implying that their kids are going to turn out like that. You did it to call people names.

Honey, it was not authoritative parents who allowed those children to become like that in the first place. That was permissive, lazy parenting. That is not the same thing as being loving and strict. Permissive parenting is not loving. Authoritarian parenting is not loving.

You're off your rails, dearie.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn't call the police if it was the first time doing something.I would talk to them first. Find out what's going on and address the issues. I would go for tough love, counseling, boot camp that route before I would consider sending my kid to jail. I worked in a jail/juvenile detention..It wasn't nice.

Unread post

I don't believe your story. I suspect if pills are missing it's one of the adults in the house doing it. To answer your question my kids wouldn't do that because they were raised right from birth and I'm smart enough to lock up medications.
Momo3Queen2HerKing
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:05 pm I wouldn't call the police if it was the first time doing something.I would talk to them first. Find out what's going on and address the issues. I would go for tough love, counseling, boot camp that route before I would consider sending my kid to jail. I worked in a jail/juvenile detention..It wasn't nice.
IF they are actually convicted of the felony, they will get boot camp more than likely bc they are kids. In Oklahoma first time offenders get an easy-ish sentence. Adults convicted of drug charges are rarely sent to jail now if it's a 1st offense wether a CF or CM conviction. They get RID for ANY felony if it's the 1st or drug court for drugs only.

In Oklahoma if you get convicted of a felony as a minor especially that young, they go kinda easy on them. BUT they are ORDERED to do counseling or a more intense therapy for someone who already does counseling and the parent/s are thoroughly investigated by CPS.

Also they never really have a record bc juvenile criminal records are kept sealed until 18 however, as long as all conditions of release are met and they don't get in any MORE trouble with drugs (bc that is what the conviction was for) they will have a court date set for just after their 18th b-day and the record will be expunged and you don't need an attorney for it.
If life has you down, make a change in your life. As life is too short to be unhappy even for a minute!
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I would never call the police on my young children for that. I just couldn't.
AubreeGrace17
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momo3Queen2HerKing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 pm
AubreeGrace17 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm I'd call the cops. It sounds terrible, but sometimes if you catch them young they can learn before they are an adult and develop bad habits.
So far out of those that have commented, you're the only one that I agree with.

Why WOULDN'T you call the cops? To me, that's shitty parenting. Kids their ages need to know that if you commit a crime, you do the time. These women's kids are gonna be shocked when they commit at crime at 16 & ^ and end up in cuffs and mommy can't do shit to keep her snowflake from having a record.

I guess they don't realize that if it's taken care of NOW and they don't get into any more trouble with drugs, at 18 they won't have a record anymore. Also, under 18 their records are sealed so nothing can be used against them like EVER.

I'm with you tho, better now than in 5+ yrs and they do big boy time in real jail.
That's my whole philosophy. Children are much more malleable than adult offenders. I'm a big believer in natural consequences and nipping things in the bud. Kids nowadays are so entitled, and people wonder why. Well, a lot of that has to do with them never being held accountable for their actions. I think people forget that juvenile records don't necessarily follow offenders into adulthood.
anon 1

Unread post

I wouldn't expect most of the women here would call the cops on their kids for stealing pills. Most even said they wouldn't call the cops if they knew their kid raped or murdered someone. That's what this society is now, parents who won't hold any accountability of their children.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

AubreeGrace17 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:33 pm
AubreeGrace17 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:35 pm I'd call the cops. It sounds terrible, but sometimes if you catch them young they can learn before they are an adult and develop bad habits.

Why WOULDN'T you call the cops? To me, that's shitty parenting. Kids their ages need to know that if you commit a crime, you do the time. These women's kids are gonna be shocked when they commit at crime at 16 & ^ and end up in cuffs and mommy can't do shit to keep her snowflake from having a record.

I guess they don't realize that if it's taken care of NOW and they don't get into any more trouble with drugs, at 18 they won't have a record anymore. Also, under 18 their records are sealed so nothing can be used against them like EVER.

I'm with you tho, better now than in 5+ yrs and they do big boy time in real jail.
That's my whole philosophy. Children are much more malleable than adult offenders. I'm a big believer in natural consequences and nipping things in the bud. Kids nowadays are so entitled, and people wonder why. Well, a lot of that has to do with them never being held accountable for their actions. I think people forget that juvenile records don't necessarily follow offenders into adulthood.

What happens to them once they're in the system will affect them the rest of their lives. Children and young teens don't belong there unless they're a danger to others.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AubreeGrace17 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:33 pm

Yeah. Like I said in my original post, I think I wouldn't have allowed it to get to the point where they were stealing drugs in the first place. That's crazy to me. I have kids that age. They don't just wake up one day and start stealing pills- there had to have been inappropriate behaviors going on for a long time before that and the parent didn't address things then.

That is so far removed from what our life is like, it's hard for me to imagine being in that situation. We have six kids ranging from 9-18 and none of them have ever been in trouble because we raised them better than that from birth.

Unread post

I’d get an excellent lawyer and then send my little felon with no record off to military school.
Locked Previous topicNext topic