Got my dna results and I’m.....

Deleted User 670

Unread post

My sister did and there is a small percentage of Western Asia (think Turkey, Armenia, etc.). That explains our youngest brother's olive complexion.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nope, not really. 98.3% Northwestern European. I think I was hoping for some exciting news about a past unknown, LOL, but nope...

We laugh at DH's -- he tests higher in percentage as Sicilian 98.7%, than the actual "Sicilian" reference panel percentages that still live in Sicily, who they actually use to compare & analyze test results! His family makes such a big deal about being Sicilian, I was hoping to see an anomaly, but nope, I'm the first apparently, that ruined their offspring Sicilian authenticity.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:49 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:36 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:14 pm No, we knew what our results would be and they came back exactly that

Wait I didn't word that right....
I can't imagine not knowing what my exact DNA/Ancestry would be. What person doesn't know this important information about their own famly? :lol:
Its reaaly not that important. Not to mention you basically gave these companies carte blanche to.use and sell your DNA however they want. My SIL bought a bunch for the family on black friday. They got thrown in the trash
Wow, you could have given those to someone who wanted them instead of wasting hundreds of your sils dollars like that...
Didnt know anyone who wanted them. Sil was pissed because WE werent using them so off into the trash it went
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I was surprised with mine. I thought for sure we had some African American in us due to some of our features but it came back 0 for that. We never knew who my grandpa's Dad was so we thought maybe he was black since back then race mixing was a huge no no. His Mom refused to ever tell anyone.
FB_IMG_1576089163282(1).jpg
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I did ancestry several years ago..these results are as of August 2019..
England, Wales, Northwestern Europe: 45%
Ireland and Scotland: 33%
Germanic Europe: 12%
Norway: 7%
Baltics: 3%

I knew about England as I've traced my father's ancestors back to the 1600's to Leicestershire. My grandmother's parents were from Ireland and my grandfather's were from Germany and I've traced both of those from information my mother and aunt had about their parents. The rest I was not expecting.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:14 pm No, we knew what our results would be and they came back exactly that

I can't imagine not knowing what my exact DNA/Ancestry would be. What person doesn't know this important information about their own famly? :lol:
Its reaaly not that important. Not to mention you basically gave these companies carte blanche to.use and sell your DNA however they want. My SIL bought a bunch for the family on black friday. They got thrown in the trash
At least someone gets it instead of blindly following this trend.

Did you know there's some sort of thing for people to send in their dog crap? I work in the post office and was sorting out mail and noticed a carrier had put one box back where it shouldn't be. Basically the size of one of those DNA box things. Pick it up. WTF? Smelled like crap. So I read the box. Yep. People send in their dog crap for some reason or other. Gross.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Ever heard of adoption.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My sister did one and we are pretty much twins so I'm whatever she is lol. I have to find the results because this was a couple of years ago.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Did you know there's some sort of thing for people to send in their dog crap? I work in the post office and was sorting out mail and noticed a carrier had put one box back where it shouldn't be. Basically the size of one of those DNA box things. Pick it up. WTF? Smelled like crap. So I read the box. Yep. People send in their dog crap for some reason or other. Gross.

It could be checking for parasites other than at the vet. My dog's vet always requests a stool sample to check for parasites.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:59 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:19 pm

It could be checking for parasites other than at the vet. My dog's vet always requests a stool sample to check for parasites.
They also do it to check breed
Locked Previous topicNext topic