How do you view Planned Parenthood?

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I went to one to get a pap and birth control pills when I had left my employer and was starting my business. No income and no insurance. They were charging me what I would have paid for a regular doctor visit and retail on the pill. I did better getting my pills at Wal-Mart. There was no free/discounted anything.

After that experience, I can't figure out how all of these uninsured/marginalized/lack of access people are getting all of these wonderful services from them. They offered no such low income services when I tried to use them.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I used them in college before I had health insurance. Also got plan B there once before it was otc.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 pm I went to one to get a pap and birth control pills when I had left my employer and was starting my business. No income and no insurance. They were charging me what I would have paid for a regular doctor visit and retail on the pill. I did better getting my pills at Wal-Mart. There was no free/discounted anything.

After that experience, I can't figure out how all of these uninsured/marginalized/lack of access people are getting all of these wonderful services from them. They offered no such low income services when I tried to use them.
Did you let them know your financial issues.? They do a sliding scale for low income people.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:47 pm I went to one to get a pap and birth control pills when I had left my employer and was starting my business. No income and no insurance. They were charging me what I would have paid for a regular doctor visit and retail on the pill. I did better getting my pills at Wal-Mart. There was no free/discounted anything.

Did you let them know your financial issues.? They do a sliding scale for low income people.
I did. That's why I was so confounded!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I was only ever in one twice a very long time ago. I'm sure that not every location is the same but I was not impressed at all with the one I had seen. The place was dirty, dark, and didn't seem sanitary to me. I also remember thinking that the receptionists weren't very kind and feeling like the place was operating like an assembly line. I do think that clinics are really needed. And I hope that over the years they got better than the one I walked into.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

They provide necessary services to a wide population. The staff has been some of the most compassionate, caring people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Deleted User 1461

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:50 pm I used them in college before I had health insurance. Also got plan B there once before it was otc.
Yes! It’s great!
My daughter went to them while she was in college for birth control and Pap tests. It is so important that they’re allowed to continue offering affordable services and birth control.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I had the same experience as you. Sat through the income intake which was absolutely nothing and the woman said ok. Did my pap, got my bc pills and a 435 dollar bill to go along with it. Underinsured and low income my ass. They should all be shut down and reorganized to serve more people and more communities.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have no personal experience with it, but seems to help many people..
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:51 pm

I just looked online and searched my state and most planned Parenthood in my state no longer offer sliding fee scale services
Locked Previous topicNext topic