Damn my mom is nosy....

Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 pm RB?
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:44 pm Stop the info train. You give her too much information then bitch when she asks questions. This is all on you
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:32 pm She's always been but she is getting out of hand.

This morning she called to see what I was doing and if I was going to go over. I told her not today as I was going to lunch.

Her "with who?"
Me "my friend"
Her "What friend"
Me "Austin"
Her "Who's Austin"

Finally I just told her I had to go and hung up, or this would have gone on forever.

He is a friend from work and ONLY a friend. My mom drives me nuts sometimes.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:07 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:59 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:55 pm Yeah, so, it can be like pulling teeth to have a reasonable conversation with my dd, too.

Try just telling her stuff instead of making her pry out the details. Bonus: that way you get to pick which details you share.
Or mom can mind her own F***ing business and stop interrogating her daughter. If OP wanted to sharw that info she would have..No questions needed
Everyone doesn’t hate family like you. You should seriously consider therapy.
I domt hate family. In fact Im very close to my family. There is absolutely no reason to be questioning an an adult about where they are going or who they are doing....OP.saying she was going to lunch. The only reply neccessary at that point is have fun. Not demanding who and where you are going with. All her mother is doing is pushing her daughter away.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:26 pm

Or mom can mind her own F***ing business and stop interrogating her daughter. If OP wanted to sharw that info she would have..No questions needed
I domt hate family. In fact Im very close to my family. There is absolutely no reason to be questioning an an adult about where they are going or who they are doing....OP.saying she was going to lunch. The only reply neccessary at that point is have fun. Not demanding who and where you are going with. All her mother is doing is pushing her daughter away.

This exactly, I told her I was going to lunch. That's all she needs to know. What does it matter who I'm going with? She doesn't know the guy anyway so what does it really matter if I am going with Austin, Jayson or Jenny?
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Doesn't sound that nosy to me. Sounds just like she wanted to have a conversation.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My parents still do but I simply say I can't I am going to lunch w/ so and so. It isn't really being nosy imo. It is simply how we are. I do it with my kids too. If this is pushing her daughter away then they have way more issues than a phone conversation.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My mom is nosy too. And she tries to hide nosiness as worry.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

The therapist can explain “denial” to you.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

So why tell her anything?
Kikibix
Countess
Countess

Unread post

It just sounds like she’s trying to make conversation.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I guess my kids hate me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic