Summer Camps

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Mine do an awesome day camp that’s close by for part of the summer, and then just whatever else they’re interested in. This year that includes multi sport camp, golf camp, tennis camp, computer programming camp, and a reverse engineering camp.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:17 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:09 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:05 pm I cant imagine being so lazy that I have to send my kids away to summer camp
And there you are.....
lol if you're so touchy you have to respond with a vulgar meme from a crappy Netflix series, it might be time to log off.
Thanks but no. I'll stay awhile to enjoy the show.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

DS14 only does one summer camp now. It’s a nature/hiking/Quaker camp. He has gone for the last 5 years and loves it! This is his last year, though:/
Deleted User 172

Unread post

We did IDTech camp and an Autism camp 2 years in a row for my ODS.
Last year ODS did 3D printing at the IDTech camp, the year before I think it was Mods for Minecraft or something like that.

The Autism camp is just like a regular summer camp with hunting, fishing, horseback riding, etc, etc ,etc but the camp itself specializes in Autistic kids.

It was great, he's too cool for camp this year. lol. It's cool though all together it costs me about 3k for the two camps each summer.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We don't do summer camps because they go spend time with grandparents. My girls are in the US and my one son is up north. We will all get together mid August and go camping and then on a cruise.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

None
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

DD did a Girl Scout day camp a couple of times and then both kids do one sports camp each summer for a few hours a day one week, but that's it. They have no interest in going away to camp. They have plenty to keep them busy around home with friends and such.
Blue_Prelude
Countess
Countess

Unread post

This is the first year my six year old has done summer camps. She did a superhero summer camp last month, and this week is in theatre camp, which she is loving. She is looking forward to doing dance camp next month because two of her friends are in it.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mine go to a local 4-H camp for a week every summer.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have to force them to do camps now. No matter how fun, they would rather sleep in, play on the computer, and meander around the neighborhood.

ODS did a soccer camp.
YDS had SPEDED summer school & is now in tutoring.
I made them do some days at Sky Zone.
Next week they both had engineering camp, titled "Wreck It"

But that's about it, I am trying to be more of a free-range, non-helicopter parent. It is really difficult, LOL.
Locked Previous topicNext topic