I'm worried

Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:22 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:09 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:02 pm

Thanks
Yes she was on antibiotics that's what they say caused the c diff but the antibiotics were before she was hospitalized.
She picked up c.diff. in the hospital. The antibiotics didn't cause c.diff. The antibiotics may have knocked back her good gut bacteria but it didn't cause the c.diff. C.diff. is known to run rampant in hospitals.
C diff is in a lot of hospital but the antibiotics could have caused it also. Many people naturally have the c diff in their body without causing any issues. When you take antibiotics they wipe out the good bacteria and allow the c diff to grow and spread leading to a problem

Antibiotics do cause issues with c diff all the time

You really shouldnt give out advice when you are clearly ignorant on the subject.
C. diff IS NOT part of our natural gut flora. That's bullshit. And people who have c.diff, have symptoms, I guarantee it. I am quite familiar with c.diff. My dog, Willow, battled C.diff. for almost a year before I finally got rid of it for good by giving her oregano oil capsules. And my brother contracted c.diff. in the hospital just days before he passed away. Antibiotics DO NOT cause c.diff. infections. Being exposed to c.diff. is what causes c.diff. infections. To say otherwise is completely ignorant.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:28 pm
She picked up c.diff. in the hospital. The antibiotics didn't cause c.diff. The antibiotics may have knocked back her good gut bacteria but it didn't cause the c.diff. C.diff. is known to run rampant in hospitals.
C diff is in a lot of hospital but the antibiotics could have caused it also. Many people naturally have the c diff in their body without causing any issues. When you take antibiotics they wipe out the good bacteria and allow the c diff to grow and spread leading to a problem

You really shouldnt give out advice when you are clearly ignorant on the subject.
C. diff IS NOT part of our natural gut flora. That's bullshit. And people who have c.diff, have symptoms, I guarantee it. I am quite familiar with c.diff. My dog, Willow, battled C.diff. for almost a year before I finally got rid of it for good by giving her oregano oil capsules. And my brother contracted c.diff. in the hospital just days before he passed away. Antibiotics DO NOT cause c.diff. infections. Being exposed to c.diff. is what causes c.diff. infections. To say otherwise is completely ignorant.
. Ye

It is not a normal gut flora but many people DO have it in their gut. You can have the bacteria in low amounts without having any S/Sx. You can get c diff from the hospital now doubt but YOU do not know anything about this so YOU look stupid trying to pretend you know more than the medical team working with her.

Antibiotics will not cause you to get c diff into your body but they CAN cause the S/Sx that come with infection when C diff takes over. If she has been in and out of the hospital or other health care offices she could have easily been exposed. The antibiotics very likely could have been what caused her to have the "c diff infection" aka the S/Sx

I have been a nurse for over 20 years. What kind of experience do you have in health care?
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:57 pm I’m sorry:( That’s a lot to deal with all at once.

It sounds like she got c-diff because of antibiotics for the uti, so maybe it’s just too early in the treatment to see a good response?

I hope they’re able to figure out what’s going on with your dad, too! I’m sorry your family is going through all of that!
Thanks
Yes she was on antibiotics that's what they say caused the c diff but the antibiotics were before she was hospitalized.
You are 10-15 years behind research. C diff is more likely to originate in the community than in acute care hospitals.

Arguing that antibiotics don’t “cause” c diff is really just semantics. Ruptured appendixes don’t really cause death, either, by that logic. They just cause sepsis, but it’s the sepsis that causes death.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:29 pm

Thanks
You are 10-15 years behind research. C diff is more likely to originate in the community than in acute care hospitals.

Arguing that antibiotics don’t “cause” c diff is really just semantics. Ruptured appendixes don’t really cause death, either, by that logic. They just cause sepsis, but it’s the sepsis that causes death.
She lives in a home for seniors and although they do their best in there we all know how easily things can spread in those places.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:28 pm

It is normal, non-symptomatic flora for around 15% of the general population. Up to 84% of infants carry it with no symptoms.

Are you merely uneducated, or are you one of those people that would give their autistic kids bleach because research is useless in the face of anecdotal evidence? What education or experience makes you think you are more knowledgeable than healthcare professionals?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Thanks

No, I am not. I know exactly where my brother caught it. It was on the cancer ward that he got transferred to. He was transferred to a room that had just been 'sanitized' for c.diff. My dog, on the other hand, probably picked hers up out on walks in the neighborhood. And antibiotics do not carry c.diff. You get c.diff. from exposure to the bacteria c.diff. Your analogy is faulty. Ruptured appendixes is not blamed on antibiotics, like c.diff. is.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:10 pm

No, I am not. I know exactly where my brother caught it. It was on the cancer ward that he got transferred to. He was transferred to a room that had just been 'sanitized' for c.diff. My dog, on the other hand, probably picked hers up out on walks in the neighborhood. And antibiotics do not carry c.diff. You get c.diff. from exposure to the bacteria c.diff. Your analogy is faulty. Ruptured appendixes is not blamed on antibiotics, like c.diff. is.
If you can't self reflect and refuse to consider real research, then you are too ignorant to be educated. You're no smarter than the anti-vaxers or the people who give their kids bleach to cure autism or the people who drink kerosene to cure for a sore throat. That's unfortunate, but sadly not uncommon.

I’ve given you fact, verifiable through peer-reviewed research. You can either counter with more recent or higher quality research, or admit you were wrong. Since you cant support your claims, your only options are to deny medical evidence or admit you are wrong.

So which will it be?

(And just because you didn’t understand an analogy doesn’t mean it’s faulty. Lol!)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:59 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:10 pm

If you can't self reflect and refuse to consider real research, then you are too ignorant to be educated. You're no smarter than the anti-vaxers or the people who give their kids bleach to cure autism or the people who drink kerosene to cure for a sore throat. That's unfortunate, but sadly not uncommon.

I’ve given you fact, verifiable through peer-reviewed research. You can either counter with more recent or higher quality research, or admit you were wrong. Since you cant support your claims, your only options are to deny medical evidence or admit you are wrong.

So which will it be?

(And just because you didn’t understand an analogy doesn’t mean it’s faulty. Lol!)
Could you two just stop fighting over something that quite honestly I don't even care about. I don't care where she got it I just want my grandma to get better. Seriously it's as bad as listening to my kids.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I hope everything turns out OK.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:59 pm I hope everything turns out OK.
Thank you
Locked Previous topicNext topic