I shouldn't have done this

Anonymous 1

Unread post

EmilyH87 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:01 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:41 am Yeah, I'd have waited until I was done to call.. Personal calls shouldn't be made in the workplace unless it an emergency, even if you are just an intern.
Understandable.I see the other supervisors make personal calls all the time.This internship sucks to be honest.There is literally nothing for me to do every time I come here.I intern at headstart.Im in the office I dont get to go in the classrooms and play with the children.I just sit in front of a desk and surf the net and answer the phone.The supervisor never has any work for me to do I ask and she just says everything's fine...

Im bored...this is not social work...I just do my homework until its time to clock out.The other supervisor goes to the mall everyday for an hour ..the front desk guy left to " go to the store" and was gone for nearly two hours.Im just counting the days until im done which is tommorow
Guess what? Doesn't matter. Still your job and you shouldn't have taken care of personal matters during work time. Just because other people do something they probably shouldn't doesn't mean you should go ahead and do it too.

Also, didn't that mechanic charge you $350?
He charged me $380 .The shop the other guy brought it to charged me $100.

It will also likely cost me over $100 to get the motor oil stains out of the car so im altogether out nearly $600.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am sorry. The aftermath of that sounds like it could be costly in more ways than one...
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You really can't be this clueless, can you?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You can stand up for yourself without yelling (and yes if they could hear you down the hall you were yelling) and throwing a fit. If I caught someone I was supervising behaving that way on work time, I'd tell them to pack their things and go. It's so unprofessional.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

You just really can't get a handle on this whole being an adult thing huh?
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:24 am
EmilyH87 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:01 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 am

Understandable.I see the other supervisors make personal calls all the time.This internship sucks to be honest.There is literally nothing for me to do every time I come here.I intern at headstart.Im in the office I dont get to go in the classrooms and play with the children.I just sit in front of a desk and surf the net and answer the phone.The supervisor never has any work for me to do I ask and she just says everything's fine...

Im bored...this is not social work...I just do my homework until its time to clock out.The other supervisor goes to the mall everyday for an hour ..the front desk guy left to " go to the store" and was gone for nearly two hours.Im just counting the days until im done which is tommorow
Guess what? Doesn't matter. Still your job and you shouldn't have taken care of personal matters during work time. Just because other people do something they probably shouldn't doesn't mean you should go ahead and do it too.

Also, didn't that mechanic charge you $350?
He charged me $380 .The shop the other guy brought it to charged me $100.

It will also likely cost me over $100 to get the motor oil stains out of the car so im altogether out nearly $600.
However much you're out sucks. But, again, that doesn't mean you should have made it your priority when you're supposed to be working, whether you actually have much to do or not. Also, you're an intern vs. a regular employee. To me that would say I have even less leeway about things than others there.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:23 pm You can stand up for yourself without yelling (and yes if they could hear you down the hall you were yelling) and throwing a fit. If I caught someone I was supervising behaving that way on work time, I'd tell them to pack their things and go. It's so unprofessional.
So much this....I would have told her to leave,not return and then contactwd her advisor
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Brain cells are important
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just because you've seen supervisors take personal phone calls at work doesn't mean that extended to you too, especially considering you ended up throwing a yelling temper tantrum at work. The word "unprofessional" may be coming up in your future.
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:41 amYeah, I'd have waited until I was done to call.. Personal calls shouldn't be made in the workplace unless it an emergency, even if you are just an intern.
Locked Previous topicNext topic