Unread post

NOPE. I won't use portapotties or a bucket or anything but an actual toilet
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So there's 2 toilets feet away and you can't use them. f**k that noise. Who the hell goes camping in someone's backyard anyway??
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:05 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 pm My idea of camping is staying at a Marriott. f**k that!!
I'm so glad I am not alone. I made a camping post on CM and people went crazy on me because I wouldn't go. I wouldn't take my kids.
I will spend all day outdoors doing whatever and pretend that I’m camping, but at the end of that day I better have a nice meal, a decent glass of wine, and a pretty nice hotel room.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:07 pm I don't understand how this is a "Campout" if it's at someone's house. Do they live in the back woods of nowhere? Call it what it is a F***ing drunk fest BBQ or whatever because honestly there's no other reason people would "Camp" at someone's house other than they plan to get shitfaced, in which case shitting in buckets is the least of your concerns.
I live in a rural area so they have space.
And it's the polar opposite of a drunk bbq. It's for families. Everyone brings their own food for their family and pays their own way to the lake on Saturday plus pitches in for jet ski rentals. And they have worship music and a sermon in the evening.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:14 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 pm My idea of camping is staying at a Marriott. f**k that!!
I'm so glad I am not alone. I made a camping post on CM and people went crazy on me because I wouldn't go. I wouldn't take my kids.
I will spend all day outdoors doing whatever and pretend that I’m camping, but at the end of that day I better have a nice meal, a decent glass of wine, and a pretty nice hotel room.
I do prefer being indoors, but I am making myself do outdoor things this spring and summer. Hopefully I can condition myself to hate it less.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:07 pm I don't understand how this is a "Campout" if it's at someone's house. Do they live in the back woods of nowhere? Call it what it is a F***ing drunk fest BBQ or whatever because honestly there's no other reason people would "Camp" at someone's house other than they plan to get shitfaced, in which case shitting in buckets is the least of your concerns.
We have done it at my mom's property but she does live way out in the woods. Its great because we can use her actual bathroom inside the house but otherwise we are completely out in the middle of nowhere with stars and woods. And she has an actual permanent camping spot set up with a firepit and flat ground and grills and tables and benches so its super cool.

Last time we did it though we kept hearing shit in the woods and got freaked out and went inside to sleep. She had spotted a panther or cougar earlier that week and we kinda were scared it was going to get us.

We did used to do in college a lot and yes we did drink a lot but it was still like real camping
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:07 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:02 pm

My family has done that kind of camping but I draw the line at this.
I still prefer a toilet. We are actually backpacking to a trail camp next month because they have outhouses at least. Yay for some semblance of a toilet!
Nope not happening still. If I really enjoyed being with these people I might do that with one of those small tents specifically for it but quite honestly I don't like them that much anyways.
We may campout at home or actually go camping though.
Fuc k no to all of that then. I just suggested it because I would hate a nature loving family to miss out on some great trips due to lack of plumbing.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:16 pm

I do prefer being indoors, but I am making myself do outdoor things this spring and summer. Hopefully I can condition myself to hate it less.
Why do you hate being outdoors? I genuinely enjoy nature, but not when I want to eat, sleep, shower, or potty lol.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

OH HELLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOO
Attachments
292a7105-a471-433a-b9af-9433d1c763a1_1.bfc1f00a44fd9033c5073e76e5215499.jpeg
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I could give you all that on one camping trip. I took the term "Glamping" to whole new level.
Locked Previous topicNext topic