Was I lied to? Can't get epidural till 7?

AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No clue, I didn't even want the epidural with any of them.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There were no epidurals when I was having babies.
First baby - spinal block( awful -you can’t sit up for hours after delivery or you get a headache)
Second baby- just a local for stitches (I was at the hospital for only 55 minutes before she was born)
Third- saddle block. Has anyone heard of it? LOL
That was in 1971.
I think if I could do it all over again, I’d refuse any pain medication. Natural, for all deliveries ,just like my second baby.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It was 6 at my hospital. It didn't work anyway. They spent 15 minutes trying to place it ( worse pain than the labor itself) only to say my vertebrae were too close together or something. It felt like I was being shocked throughout my body the entire time. I still have permanent nerve damage 12 years later in my lower back. Ugh. If I only knew then what I know now.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:29 pm There were no epidurals when I was having babies.
First baby - spinal block( awful -you can’t sit up for hours after delivery or you get a headache)
Second baby- just a local for stitches (I was at the hospital for only 55 minutes before she was born)
That was in 1971.
I think if I could do it all over again, I’d refuse any pain medication. Natural, for all deliveries ,just like my second baby.
My mom was literally put under when she gave birth vaginally to us triplets back in 1973. We were hours old before she saw us...lol.
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:41 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:29 pm There were no epidurals when I was having babies.
That was in 1971.
My mom was literally put under when she gave birth vaginally to us triplets back in 1973. We were hours old before she saw us...lol.
Oh my gosh—triplets!!!!
And she didn’t need a c-section???
Awesome!
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

It might be their policy. Epidurals slow labor, it makes sense to sway them.

You’re giving birth. Why do women expect to feel no pain during childbirth? I feel like this is another symptom of the American entitlement complex and unhealthy relationship with meds and healthcare that plays a big role in the opioid crisis. You’re going to feel pain sometimes, people. It’s part of life.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Honestly though OP having had both I would opt for no epidural. I felt so much better so much quicker after my second when I didn't have pain meds than my first where I had all the pain meds they'd give me lol.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Dunno if you were lied to. But I know I was lied to. I really didn't want an epidural...it freaked me out. But when Doc decided I needed pitocin (after going from 4 to 5 in 2 hours) I asked for one. She told me that the epidural would only slow down what she was trying to speed up with pitocin, so no. That's when I asked for the Demerol. That I could have. (I hated it...it kept me passed out unless I was having a contraction. So I woke up just in time to feel each one.)

So I gave birth 4 and 1/2 hours after arriving at the hospital and exactly one hour before the docs changed shifts. Pretty sure that's why she rushed me.

When I was pregnant with the next, I asked my next doc if there was a right time to ask for the epidural and told him about my experience. He opened my file to see what happened and which doc delivered...and he rolled his eyes so damned hard! He told me that pitocin and epidurals are like peanut butter and jelly...and that my last doc was no longer a member of their practice! :-)
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:44 pm
That was in 1971.
Oh my gosh—triplets!!!!
Awesome!
Nope! No c section! They knocked her out and we were all delivered vaginally within 10 minutes of each other. We were pretty decently sized, too. 5lbs 4 oz, 5lbs 6 oz, and 6 lbs (me)!
Libbylu2
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:40 pm
Libbylu2 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:44 pm

Oh my gosh—triplets!!!!
Awesome!
Nope! No c section! They knocked her out and we were all delivered vaginally within 10 minutes of each other. We were pretty decently sized, too. 5lbs 4 oz, 5lbs 6 oz, and 6 lbs (me)!
Awesome!
She’s a trooper!
My daughter had twins -6.2 and 7 pounds- but needed a c-section.
It must have been exciting being a triplet!
And I bet your mom was tired for years!
😃
Locked Previous topicNext topic