Night Terrors... :(

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Like others have said this doesn't sound like night terrors. I'm sure they are different for everyone but usually, you can't wake them up or its extremely difficult to wake them. One of my girls used to have them it was horrible. She would sneak in our bed before having them and just suddenly sit or stand up on our bed and go completely stiff often falling over on top of us or if she sat she would often punch and beat us if we tried to wake her up. Nothing like getting your ass kicked in your sleep. It was horrible. It often took over an hour to get her to snap out of it most times she would start crying and not be able to stop until we finally got her fully awake. Then she had no recollection of what happened. So glad she grew out of that stage I barely got to sleep because this often would happen every night for a few months. Depending on the child's age I would work on teaching him how to self soothe or you will be comforting him regularly for a long time.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would just put the child in bed with me so we could all sleep through the night, but I’m lazy like that.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I would think it was gas.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Interesting. I really thought it was night terrors, but now I'm thinking you're correct, and it's not. Last night he slept just fine. It's not every night he does this, so I'm wondering if he is just having some bad dreams, where he can't get back to sleep every now and then.

He didn't have gas. When he has gas he doesn't want to lay down, because of the pain, and he's usually up for a long time afterwards.

It's really random when he does this. It will go for a couple of days, and then stop for awhile, then start for a couple of days again. He's really good at self soothing, but once he's crying for more than a couple of minutes, it makes me sad and I go to him, since it's not that often.

We don't put him in bed with us, because my husband rolls over a lot, and I don't want our son to be squished. :/ When he's crying, he's crying like he's scared, and tired. I can tell by the sound of his cries. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. :(

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:31 am How old is your sweet boy?
I'm sorry, this is going on with him. I am glad though that he is finding the soothing comfort and security in your arms and falls back asleep quickly.
He's almost 15 months old. Thank you.

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:33 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:37 am Unless there's other information, that doesn't sound like night terrors to me. Just sounds like a typical toddler whose used to being rocked to sleep. I would just work on some self soothing methods.
Good point. He might be in a sleeping pattern.
We lay him down while he's still awake, and he lays there and talks to himself until he just falls asleep. He's not in a sleeping pattern, and this only goes on for a couple of days at a time it seems. Last night he slept just fine, no problems. It's very confusing.

Locked Previous topicNext topic