The bird box challenge! Yay or nay?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Is this the next ban wagon,you're all jumping on?
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm going to say no. Being blind is a lot more than not being able to see. What about those that can't tell day from night, and are constantly confused? What about not being able to know where you are going, or how to get somewhere?

I think this challenge is very insulting to those that can't see. They need to not do this.

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:45 am I'm going to say no. Being blind is a lot more than not being able to see. What about those that can't tell day from night, and are constantly confused? What about not being able to know where you are going, or how to get somewhere?

I think this challenge is very insulting to those that can't see. They need to not do this.
Do you think the movie is insulting to blind people?
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We had to do it when I was in school. It was an all day thing and I understood a bit better and it was hard. I still remember it like it was yesterday and we are talking 35+ yrs ago. It was one of those lessons that I took to heart and learned a great deal from.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just as stupid as any other "challenge" they do.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

e
jas wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:51 am Just as stupid as any other "challenge" they do.
This. These idiotic "challenges " are a ridiculous waste of time.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Just shows how ignorant people really are.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's a stupid trend from a crappy movie. No one needs to do this.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It has nothing to do with being blind, or mocking the blind or anything else to do with the blind.

The challenge isn’t my thing, but there’s no harm in it. Well that poor baby who hit the wall might disagree lol but people are just seeing if they could do it.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

All these stupid internet challenges need to die for 2019.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:25 pm I agree with his. At best it’s dumb, at worst, it’s mildly insulting. Fact is, pretending to be blind for a little while won’t really give me the “blind experience” so that I can appreciate my eyesight.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:39 pm I believe that it is problematic that some think that by wearing a blindfold for a while, which you did not grow up with and can take off at any time, you will in any way, shape, or form understand what a visually impaired person goes through. It's not so much as "learning appreciation for what it's like" to me as it is "playing blind."
Locked Previous topicNext topic