Horrifying new video shows Hamas kidnapping young Israeli women and saying “these are the girls who can get pregnant”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:54 am Here we go again…

I’m sorry Momto2boys… these people try to act like being a bitch to you will somehow help a political cause… they’re misguided to say the least.
You and millions of others falling for the bullshit spewed by Israel are most definitely misguided. It is not a F***ing victim.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ok.

We arent going to see eye to eye on things regarding Israel I oppose conservative, right wing nationalism. It’s not because it’s Israel, I oppose it in the US and abroad equally. BUT that doesn’t mean these hostages are disposable. Im not saying that to start a debate, my focus in this thread is those ladies. I use to talk with female DIs at a recruit depot, I was curious about differences in training for the men vs women. I was curious about what training went into combat readiness, and what differences women may experience when deployed than men. One of the things discussed was pow situations. I’m not dismissing what the other hostages are going through. I am just acknowledging that there is a difference because of their soldier status and that…they are so young. Once you reach a certain age, it’s hard not to think of them as still babies in life, and to know that their treatment will be worse because of that status…when they have barely experienced life…there’s no words.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:51 pm I think I’m going to have to say that I probably didn’t understand what you meant. I apologize for that. My bad.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:37 pm I didn’t say it made everyone in the population a member of the military. I didn’t even say anything about IDF. I said mandatory military service, which you also said. Now it’s like you’re contradicting yourself or just so insistent on arguing over I don’t even know what. Damn. f**k me for having a high level of empathy for these ladies and their families, for understanding that Hamas is treating them worse because they are soldiers, and the only “crime” these ladies have committed is being Jewish, Israeli, and fulfilling their service obligations. You’ve sure showed me🙄

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:00 pm Maybe you should learn a bit more about it before commenting. Mandatory conscription doesn’t make everyone in the population a member of the military. It means you have been trained for military activity in case of need, it doesn’t mean you’re actively a part of the military. Israeli citizens are as much civilians as any other citizen. They went through a military training, but not all became full members of the IDF. They’re doctors, teachers, lawyers, chefs, farmers, plumbers, CEOs. They’re not a tie members of the military just because they went through military training.

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

“…to provide audiences with a unique perspective.” Facts aren’t perspective. How those facts are interpreted are perspective but for fact checking to be credible it needs to be just facts.

There are no restrictions on what we can write about or how the claims should be evaluated. ? No restrictions on how claims should be evaluated? So no restrictions over evaluating a bias with bias. No restriction to adhere to a standard when evaluating a claim for bias.

There’s so much bias in that article, almost nothing that could be called fact checked evidence, and false claims. Not a single post they added shows any claim that media has called them civilians, every Israeli and western publication I have seen has called them soldiers, they’ve all listed they were taken from Nahal Oz base. They didn’t refute the blood on her pants but keep bringing it up as though they did. The girls are teenagers, 19 is a teenager. At that age, they would be fulfilling their mandatory military service, not necessarily soldiers by career choice. They call Hamas resistance fighters and use their statements as proof. I am not even sure what they are trying to convey over one girl they mention with the who but she’s in this pic too.

Hamas are not resistance fighters. They never have been. Ahmed Yassin was an Islamist. He didn’t support Palestinians, he supported an extreme religious ideology that are not considered traditional Islam. This is the same ideology that Hamas follows, they have killed Palestinians who oppose this ideology.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:18 am
“…to provide audiences with a unique perspective.” Facts aren’t perspective. How those facts are interpreted are perspective but for fact checking to be credible it needs to be just facts.

There are no restrictions on what we can write about or how the claims should be evaluated. ? No restrictions on how claims should be evaluated? So no restrictions over evaluating a bias with bias. No restriction to adhere to a standard when evaluating a claim for bias.

There’s so much bias in that article, almost nothing that could be called fact checked evidence, and false claims. Not a single post they added shows any claim that media has called them civilians, every Israeli and western publication I have seen has called them soldiers, they’ve all listed they were taken from Nahal Oz base. They didn’t refute the blood on her pants but keep bringing it up as though they did. The girls are teenagers, 19 is a teenager. At that age, they would be fulfilling their mandatory military service, not necessarily soldiers by career choice. They call Hamas resistance fighters and use their statements as proof. I am not even sure what they are trying to convey over one girl they mention with the who but she’s in this pic too.

Hamas are not resistance fighters. They never have been. Ahmed Yassin was an Islamist. He didn’t support Palestinians, he supported an extreme religious ideology that are not considered traditional Islam. This is the same ideology that Hamas follows, they have killed Palestinians who oppose this ideology.
I don't like Hamas. I do not support Hamas' religious ideology. But they are viewed by Palestinians as "resistance fighters". I compare them to some native American tribes. Also, I do believe the interpretation of Arabic is correct from the Israeli version.
306/232

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:48 am

I don't like Hamas. I do not support Hamas' religious ideology. But they are viewed by Palestinians as "resistance fighters". I compare them to some native American tribes.
They are viewed by some Palestinians as resistance fighter by those who share their ideology. They are viewed by some Palestinians as resistance fighters because of propaganda. They are also not viewed as resistance fighters by some Palestinians that still support the PLO and by some Palestinians that are liberal. I wouldn’t compare them to any Native American tribe. It’s really not comparable.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:08 am

I don't like Hamas. I do not support Hamas' religious ideology. But they are viewed by Palestinians as "resistance fighters". I compare them to some native American tribes.
They are viewed by some Palestinians as resistance fighter by those who share their ideology. They are viewed by some Palestinians as resistance fighters because of propaganda. They are also not viewed as resistance fighters by some Palestinians that still support the PLO and by some Palestinians that are liberal. I wouldn’t compare them to any Native American tribe. It’s really not comparable.
"We don't hate Jews and fight Jews because they are Jewish. They are a people of faith and we are a people of faith, and we love all people of faith. If my brother, from my own mother and father and my own faith takes my homes and expels me from it, I will fight him. I will fight my cousin if he takes my home and expels me from it. So when a Jew takes my home and expels me from it, I will fight him. I don't fight other countries because I want to be at peace with them, I love all people and wish peace for them, even the Jews. The Jews lived with us all of our lives and we never assaulted them, and they held high positions in government and ministries. But if they take my home and make me a refugee like 4 million Palestinians in exile? Who has more right to this land? The Russian immigrant who left this land 2000 years ago or the one who left 40 years ago? We don't hate the Jews, we only ask for them to give us our rights."
306/232

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:12 am

"We don't hate Jews and fight Jews because they are Jewish. They are a people of faith and we are a people of faith, and we love all people of faith. If my brother, from my own mother and father and my own faith takes my homes and expels me from it, I will fight him. I will fight my cousin if he takes my home and expels me from it. So when a Jew takes my home and expels me from it, I will fight him. I don't fight other countries because I want to be at peace with them, I love all people and wish peace for them, even the Jews. The Jews lived with us all of our lives and we never assaulted them, and they held high positions in government and ministries. But if they take my home and make me a refugee like 4 million Palestinians in exile? Who has more right to this land? The Russian immigrant who left this land 2000 years ago or the one who left 40 years ago? We don't hate the Jews, we only ask for them to give us our rights."
The quote from Yassin was his rebuttal that the Hamas Charter wasn’t antisemitic and holds about as much water as saying the Klan doesn’t hate people of color. Yassin was great at propaganda and the propaganda is heavily used and manipulated from multiple parties.

I oppose nationalism, doesn’t matter if it’s in the US, Israel’s ring wing, Hamas, Palestinian nationalism, or any other country or entity. There are Palestinians that want democracy, want equality, and want a peaceful co-existence. There are Israelis that want democracy, want equality, want a peaceful co-existence. BUT the loudest voices are in opposition to things that would truly bring this and frankly they are, though marginally, outnumbered.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:22 pm

The quote from Yassin was his rebuttal that the Hamas Charter wasn’t antisemitic and holds about as much water as saying the Klan doesn’t hate people of color. Yassin was great at propaganda and the propaganda is heavily used and manipulated from multiple parties.

I oppose nationalism, doesn’t matter if it’s in the US, Israel’s ring wing, Hamas, Palestinian nationalism, or any other country or entity. There are Palestinians that want democracy, want equality, and want a peaceful co-existence. There are Israelis that want democracy, want equality, want a peaceful co-existence. BUT the loudest voices are in opposition to things that would truly bring this and frankly they are, though marginally, outnumbered.
What is quoted makes sense when taken through it's wording.
306/232

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:04 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:22 pm

What is quoted makes sense when taken through it's wording.
That’s how propaganda and spinning a narrative works. If it doesn’t make sense on some level, it’s not effective.

Using Yassin’s quote, sure if I didn’t know the history I might think differently. But I do so I don’t.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic