My Mom sent me some pictures of UCLA a few minutes ago…

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:27 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:20 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:18 pm

It means someone who has died in a war, generally a holy war, but also means someone who has died via:
A person who is killed in an epidemic
A person who is drowned
A person who has bedsores, causing fever and cough resulting in his death
A person who dies of a stomach disease
A person who dies in fire
A person who dies under falling debris [in a disaster]
A woman who dies during childbirth.”
A martyr is someone who is killed for their religious beliefs…

It does not mean a woman who dies in childbirth…
Not in Islam.
I think there’s more to it than the 45 words that “IslamOnline” is telling you…

Like… A LOT more…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:37 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:20 pm

A martyr is someone who is killed for their religious beliefs…

It does not mean a woman who dies in childbirth…
Not in Islam.

Like… A LOT more…
You like to ridicule an answer based on your thought if the source but really get your rankles up when challenged on your sources, lol.

Not “Islam online” but 6 months of language and cultural classes I took with my husband at Foreign Service Institute before he went to Riyadh. 🤷‍♀️
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:49 pm

Not in Islam.

Like… A LOT more…
You like to ridicule an answer based on your thought if the source but really get your rankles up when challenged on your sources, lol.

Not “Islam online” but 6 months of language and cultural classes I took with my husband at Foreign Service Institute before he went to Riyadh. 🤷‍♀️
And it just happened to be the exact copy and paste wording?

That’s quite a coincidence…

That’s not a ridiculed answer… that’s a legitimate answer, often times religious beliefs are written into a few words for people who are not of that religion, and it also often times comes across as almost too basic to be legitimate beliefs because they’re too shortened to be able to include the full reality behind the text. That what I think happened here…
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

13EA013F-E861-4616-B4D8-291E66CBB0A4.jpeg
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 8:53 pm

Like… A LOT more…

And it just happened to be the exact copy and paste wording?

That’s quite a coincidence…

That’s not a ridiculed answer… that’s a legitimate answer, often times religious beliefs are written into a few words for people who are not of that religion, and it also often times comes across as almost too basic to be legitimate beliefs because they’re too shortened to be able to include the full reality behind the text. That what I think happened here…
I admit I got the exact text from google as I didn’t retain it from 13 years ago. Knew there were 7 but only remembered child birth and being crushed by rocks. I looked it up much in the same way that someone may look up a biblical verse. If you want to read the original Hadith, check it out. I’m on my phone so not going to do it for you 😂
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not in Islam.

Like… A LOT more…

Limited Arabic speaker here. Intifada is like a Revolution.

I doubt she knows much about Judaism either since she claims to be an evangelical Christian.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:13 am

Like… A LOT more…

I doubt she knows much about Judaism either since she claims to be an evangelical Christian.
If you have a question about Judaism, you should ask a Jewish person…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Like… A LOT more…

An uprising against oppression
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

“Generation after generation, student protestors use attention as a means to mobilize others to their cause and pressure administrations to engage their causes. And yet, generation after generation, administrators seem to forget this and resort to the same repressive responses. Although clearly not every administration has responded the same way, we can see the same pattern emerging in the current wave of antiwar protests. Columbia, Emory, the University of Texas and the University of Connecticut are just a handful of campuses where administrators have responded with force and arrests. In none of these cases did repression end the protests. Instead, repression led to widespread disapproval of the administration among faculty and students on the sidelines. Students have since showed up in greater numbers. In Austin, at the University of Texas, students marched back onto campus just hours after being removed by police. Repression isn’t working.“

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -conflict/

Pro-Palestinian protest encampments now on 200 university campuses worldwide
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:28 am

An uprising against oppression
Yes.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic