What a ridiculous excuse

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So we have a little farm by us that puts on events/fairs etc. Well today they had an event. The owner of the farm went on FB and apologized for the pony ride vendor not showing up today. This makes twice. She said they will be using a different vendor in the future. The pony person commented and also apologized. She said she does not make the animals do anything they don't want to do. So when she puts the ramp down to the horse trailer if the ponies don't go in voluntarily she doesn't lead them to the trailer. They are not people LOL and have no idea why they are going or what they will be doing. This lady is silly to run a business like this. How can you commit to an event but then cancel that morning if the ponies would rather eat grass and swing their tail rather than go over to a trailer ramp that was lowered. Of course they would LOL. Either you are a pony ride business or you're not.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Different opinion here…

I have a horse and a pony. If they don’t want to do something I don’t make them…

That Means going for rides is a no go if they refuse, especially if kids are going to be involved.

You don’t know what’s wrong right off the bat, if it’s them feeling sick, teeth hurting, fear for some reason… and if you push it, people can get a lot more hurt than if you push a beagle to do something it doesn’t want to do…
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Different opinion here…

I have a horse and a pony. If they don’t want to do something I don’t make them…

That Means going for rides is a no go if they refuse, especially if kids are going to be involved.

You don’t know what’s wrong right off the bat, if it’s them feeling sick, teeth hurting, fear for some reason… and if you push it, people can get a lot more hurt than if you push a beagle to do something it doesn’t want to do…
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

There were other things to do at this event though, yes?

I don't believe in forcing an animal to do something like THIS if the animal doesn't seem to want to.

It's up to the farm to decide to continue using the services...if they're available...or not.

But if the event was still fun regardless, it was a good day.
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Not a good way to run a business. If she wants to give her ponies the choice she should have enough so some will choose to go in. Although we've never had a horse that willingly walks into a trailer just because it's open they have to be led in. And it's not like the pony knows where it's going or what it's going to be doing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ok but this woman is advertising a pony riding business, taking a booking, then not showing up. It makes no sense. Don't have a pony business then. And if you needed to take your horse to the vet or move him somewhere would you lead them to the trailer or just put the door down and let them wonder in at their own choosing? We as people all the time make animals do things they may not want to do. Going to the vet, vaccines, grooming, getting neutered, boarding facility when we go on vacation etc.
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm Different opinion here…

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We do take them to the vet when they don’t want to go…

What we DON’T do is put a child on an animal that could end up severely hurting them when we knew there was a problem.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am Ok but this woman is advertising a pony riding business, taking a booking, then not showing up. It makes no sense. Don't have a pony business then. And if you needed to take your horse to the vet or move him somewhere would you lead them to the trailer or just put the door down and let them wonder in at their own choosing? We as people all the time make animals do things they may not want to do. Going to the vet, vaccines, grooming, getting neutered, boarding facility when we go on vacation etc.

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We do take them to the vet when they don’t want to go…

What we DON’T do is put a child on an animal that could end up severely hurting them when we knew there was a problem.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:58 am Ok but this woman is advertising a pony riding business, taking a booking, then not showing up. It makes no sense. Don't have a pony business then. And if you needed to take your horse to the vet or move him somewhere would you lead them to the trailer or just put the door down and let them wonder in at their own choosing? We as people all the time make animals do things they may not want to do. Going to the vet, vaccines, grooming, getting neutered, boarding facility when we go on vacation etc.

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That’s a weird way to do business on the pony owner’s part. I understand not allowing riders or canceling if the pony(s) are not being cooperative or ill tempered. That could be dangerous, but that doesn’t exactly sound like what was going on.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I could see if they took the pony and when they got there the pony just was not having it and obviously something was wrong not using that pony.
But just because the pony didn't walk into the trailer when it was opened is ridiculous.
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:01 am We do take them to the vet when they don’t want to go…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic