Debunking the myth that anti-Zionism is antisemitic

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Not what she said at all, quite the contrary. Antizionism means denying Israel’s right to exist. Denying that Jews have a right to self determination and self governance in their indigenous land. It’s inherently antisemitic. You know, like saying 🖕🏼🇮🇱
Criticizing an Israeli action or policy with intellectual honesty and consistency isn’t antizionist, therefore not antisemitic. In fact, the biggest criticizers of the Israeli government are the Israelis! I’m yet to see you do that, though… 🤷🏼‍♀️ The hate oozes from your every post about Israel, which are a lot. The obsession you have towards Israel also shows a prejudice and a bias.
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:15 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 pm
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:52 pm

"In short, Zionism does not preclude someone from being critical of the policies of the Israeli government."

What thoughts do you have having read that?
You can be against and opposed to the policies of the country you live in yet still believe the country has the right to exist.
You agree that it's not anti semitism to disagree with political Israel. Thank you.

Any further thoughts on the origin of Zionist thought based on this information?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And I’m sure this lovely guy isn’t antisemitic either, because he claims he wants to kill “Zionists”… that’s not hate. He just wants to kill 95% of Jews. But he’s not antisemitic, right?

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:25 pm Not what she said at all, quite the contrary. Antizionism means denying Israel’s right to exist. Denying that Jews have a right to self determination and self governance in their indigenous land. It’s inherently antisemitic. You know, like saying 🖕🏼🇮🇱
Criticizing an Israeli action or policy with intellectual honesty and consistency isn’t antizionist, therefore not antisemitic. In fact, the biggest criticizers of the Israeli government are the Israelis! I’m yet to see you do that, though… 🤷🏼‍♀️ The hate oozes from your every post about Israel, which are a lot. The obsession you have towards Israel also shows a prejudice and a bias.
Della wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:15 pm
AZOldGal66 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:32 pm

You can be against and opposed to the policies of the country you live in yet still believe the country has the right to exist.
You agree that it's not anti semitism to disagree with political Israel. Thank you.

Any further thoughts on the origin of Zionist thought based on this information?
I don't recall asking you that question. But I did ask you this one:

"Are you against Jewish settlements on the land mandated for Palestine?"

Oh, and this one too!

Can you show us where in the Tanakh does God return the land to the Jews?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"It is an understandable impulse: let the people threatened by antisemitism define antisemitism. The problem is that, in many countries, Jewish leaders serve both as defenders of local Jewish interests and defenders of the Israeli government. And the Israeli government wants to define anti-Zionism as bigotry because doing so helps Israel kill the two-state solution with impunity.

For years, Barack Obama and John Kerry warned that if Israel continued the settlement growth in the West Bank that made a Palestinian state impossible, Palestinians would stop demanding a Palestinian state alongside Israel and instead demand one state between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, neither Jewish nor Palestinian, that replaces Israel.

Defining anti-Zionism as antisemitism reduces that threat. It means that if Palestinians and their supporters respond to the demise of the two-state solution by demanding one equal state, some of the world’s most powerful governments will declare them bigots.

Which leaves Israel free to entrench its own version of one state, which denies millions of Palestinians basic rights. Silencing Palestinians isn’t a particularly effective way to fight rising antisemitism, much of which comes from people who like neither Palestinians nor Jews. But, just as important, it undermines the moral basis of that fight.

Antisemitism isn’t wrong because it is wrong to denigrate and dehumanise Jews. Antisemitism is wrong because it is wrong to denigrate and dehumanise anyone. Which means, ultimately, that any effort to fight antisemitism that contributes to the denigration and dehumanisation of Palestinians is no fight against antisemitism at all."
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"The argument that anti-Zionism is inherently antisemitic rests on three pillars. The first is that opposing Zionism is antisemitic because it denies to Jews what every other people enjoys: a state of its own. “The idea that all other peoples can seek and defend their right to self-determination but Jews cannot,” declared US Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer in 2017, “is antisemitism.”

As David Harris, head of the American Jewish Committee, put it last year: “To deny the Jewish people, of all the peoples on earth, the right to self-determination surely is discriminatory".
306/232

Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Being against zionism is not being an anti semite.

I don't give two shits if some people think the two go hand in hand. No one is against Jewish people themselves. They are against the Israeli government and military going full scorched earth against the Palestinian people. Supporting Palestinian civilians does not make us pro Hamas and being against the Israeli government does not make us anti semites.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am Being against zionism is not being an anti semite.

I don't give two shits if some people think the two go hand in hand. No one is against Jewish people themselves. They are against the Israeli government and military going full scorched earth against the Palestinian people. Supporting Palestinian civilians does not make us pro Hamas and being against the Israeli government does not make us anti semites.
There’s college students being stabbed, calls to “burn the Jews “, 18 year old kids being held inside classrooms as the attackers outside are attempted to be dispersed, Jewish people being to go home because they can’t be protected…

To say “no one is against Jewish people” is a lie… and a dangerous one that only seeks to make some people feel better as they watch innocent kids being attacked.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:37 am
Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:22 am Being against zionism is not being an anti semite.

There’s college students being stabbed, calls to “burn the Jews “, 18 year old kids being held inside classrooms as the attackers outside are attempted to be dispersed, Jewish people being to go home because they can’t be protected…

To say “no one is against Jewish people” is a lie… and a dangerous one that only seeks to make some people feel better as they watch innocent kids being attacked.
I'm sure you believe the pro Israel counter protestors are meek and quiet, don't you?
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 am

I'm sure you believe the pro Israel counter protestors are meek and quiet, don't you?
And I’m sure you believe they’re all evil…
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Della wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:44 am

I am sure MSNBC would be all over that is it wasn't meek!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic