Where to get a prom dress?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

At this point I would try Macy's or if you have a Kohl's. You could also go to David's Bridal or a bridal shop which might have short club dresses. They might also have goth items. I just looked at David's and the prices are better than what I paid for my dress accounting for inflation. She doesn't have much time and it might be a matter of she gets what she gets and she doesn't pitch a fit.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I would also look into Etsy and eBay, too:

"Gothic clothing from Restyle gothic shop - shipping worldwide" https://restyle.pl/main-eng.html
just an old coot 😉🌵
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:19 pm Welp, nevermind. She wants to wear a short dress. They call them club dresses. I don't understand how club dresses became the it dress for PROM. Homecoming, maybe, but PROM? I told her, most people don't get a lot of opportunities to wear a ball gown, so make the most of it and wear something amazing. She doesn't want to. I said ok.
Lots of girls now wear short dresses to prom.

I see it a lot recently. But club dresses? Those are the kind that end just below your butt, or sometimes show your butt.
sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:19 pm Welp, nevermind. She wants to wear a short dress. They call them club dresses. I don't understand how club dresses became the it dress for PROM. Homecoming, maybe, but PROM? I told her, most people don't get a lot of opportunities to wear a ball gown, so make the most of it and wear something amazing. She doesn't want to. I said ok.

I see it a lot recently. But club dresses? Those are the kind that end just below your butt, or sometimes show your butt.
My DD just had prom on Saturday. She said no one wore short dresses... I couldn't imagine a club dress for prom.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am so sorry!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 pm

Proms have changed a lot. My husband does a sports program at one of our local high schools so we volunteer at some of their events (dances, theater, etc). We’ve chaperoned the prom at one of our high schools for the past two years and half the girls around here wear club dresses ending just below their butts to prom. The other half wear the long dresses, it seems to be one or the other. Heck there were girls in club dresses at my prom twenty years ago.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic